Getting angry so easily

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

mishyman
New member - welcome them!

Getting angry so easily

Post by mishyman »

I know I'm not the only one but I get get so angry really easily like if someone lied to me or picks on me etc I get angry around them and then I feel really bad afterwards like I have hurt them in a bad way is there anyway I can stop my angry issues? Or am I stuck with this? Because I hate it so much
YellowSunshine
Getting settled in

Re: Getting angry so easily

Post by YellowSunshine »

I don't have any advice really but I feel the same, I have such a short temper and get upset so easily over comments. I usually take a deep breathe, count to 10, walk away and sit and have a cup of tea somewhere then talk about how I feel. I do things to destress me by colouring in and listening to music and reading.
mishyman
New member - welcome them!

Post by mishyman »

YellowSunshine wrote:I don't have any advice really but I feel the same, I have such a short temper and get upset so easily over comments. I usually take a deep breathe, count to 10, walk away and sit and have a cup of tea somewhere then talk about how I feel. I do things to destress me by colouring in and listening to music and reading.
Cheers for that :) do you talk about it to the person who you got angry to? Or to a mate?
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

I find I somerimes I care too much, which as you can imagine is a touch problematic. I'm also a frusrated perfectionist.

Sometimes it is impossible to get through to some people you have to give them space untll they're more amenable to fact there may be opposing but equally valid points of view. I think we're often a bit too prone to thinking we're overly to blame.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)