Memory

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dan1457
New member - welcome them!

Memory

Post by Dan1457 »

Hello, i want to know if anyone feels the same as i do when i say, your mind goes "blank"

Because its been happening a lot for the past two years, where youe doing a task and suddenly dont remember what your doing, or forget where your going, and its starting to be frequent in the past month,

For instance walking home from a friends house and i felt like i didnt know where i was walking to and have no idea what am generally thinking, i keep thinking there is to much stuff to process at once, or am generally losing my memory altogether
DanAu96
Getting settled in

Re: Memory

Post by DanAu96 »

Yeah I do, bad short term memory is common with dyspraxia.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Dan and welcome

This sort of thing is generally worse the more stressed we are. I think we often have a tendency to be especially hard on ourselves for not being 'normal' whatever that is 8-)
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Clumsy
Getting settled in

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, your not alone on this I wouldn't think. I have a bad short and working memory, but I can remember what month and year my parents purchased a sofa over 20 years ago, which amazed them somewhat. It's certainly frustrating though; mid sentence, mid explaination, having to look at the person who your talking to and asking what the question was etc or going to the shops and wondering around for ages trying to workout what your there to get. And yes, I notice that it seems worse when I am stressed/tired etc.

I don't think I worry about it too much, 'it is what it is' I guess; others find it amusing more than anything, which I'm okay with.