borderline asperger syndrome / aspergers traits

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

ALADDIN
Power poster

borderline asperger syndrome / aspergers traits

Post by ALADDIN »

Does have a diagnosis of "aspergers traits" / borderline asperger syndrome ?

I suffer from dyspraxia, I do not suffer from asperger syndrome.;

I had a 10 minute chat with a psychitarist, in 2004. He said "aspergers traits not a problem". At the time the technical term was Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

I know aspergers traits means borderline asperger syndrome.

My Autistic Spectrum Quotient score is 24 / 25.

My mother said my problems were relating not having opportunities to mix with people , she said I am clumsy and does not like me travelling far.

See,
http://comedycv.co.uk/donbiswas/index.html

He has dyspraxia, aspergers traits like me, maybe dyslexia.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: borderline asperger syndrome / aspergers traits

Post by Tom fod »

Was this the Autism Spectrum Quotient Test you did the one devised by Simon Baron-Cohen and colleagues at Cambridge? I felt curious enough to have a go. Assuming I calculated it correctly, I scored 20 (8.5 and 11.5). I note the average score of the Control Group was 16.4.

My view is that many ND people prefer our routines as they can enable us to feel some semblance of control. As atypical thinkers it can be a struggle to be understood by and to understand and share ideas with people who are more neurotypical. This tends to have a detrimental effect on our confidence and we may become withdrawn. Sadly some people can see we're different and can be very hurtful in what they say.

Don's comedy CV 'credits' him with having all three Dyslexia, Aspergers and Dyspraxia and I've seen a clip of one of his stand-up routines on You Tube and I quite liked it.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
ALADDIN
Power poster

Post by ALADDIN »

I did the Autism Spectrum Quotient Test you did the one devised by Simon Baron-Cohen and colleagues at Cambridge.

I think ND people, like routines, are more likely to have a higher Autistic Spectrum Quotient Score.
DanAu96
Getting settled in

Post by DanAu96 »

There has been a lot of interest of the last couple of days about a paper in the journal molecular autism that found that a Dyspraxia diagnosis is more likely if you have autism spectrum disorder (ASD) however the main finding was that people with dyspraxia and no ASD diagnosis showed significantly higher Autistic traits and lower empathy than those who don't have a dyspraxia diagnosis.

https://molecularautism.biomedcentral.c ... 016-0112-x