Being clumsy

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nicksie
New member - welcome them!

Re: Being clumsy

Post by Nicksie »

A couple months back now I broke a window by tripping through it. I tripped over my own foot while doing lock up at work and smashed a window pane with my face. Horrific at the time, but now I can laugh at it (because let's face it, it's pretty ridiculous!)

My friends now whenever any kind of injury occurs in an unusual way they say that they 'did a Nikki'. I'm fine with it because I know that if I ever told them to stop they would. For now though, it's just a phrase that introduces a wild story so I'm chill.
ákveðni

Post by ákveðni »

One day (not so long ago), I walked into an automatic door, I though the door would open but nothing happened and I bumped in the door in front ofl ike 20 people :blush: :)
Monique

Post by Monique »

oh god, I have so many. Just thinking about them makes me want to crawl in a hole hahahaha

I work part time in a shop and a couple of months ago I was carrying a heavy pile of stock around, turned to talk to my workmate who was kneeling on the ground setting up a display, and instead of talking to her I accidentally threw everything I was holding at her :lol: She forgave me thankfully lol

We also have a lot of things on display at the till, and every time I reach to hand someone their change I accidentally punch the display and send products flying at the customers! Still haven't learnt my lesson in over 9 months!

Not to mention the constant tripping over and dropping things at work. Especially when I'm trying my hardest NOT to fall over!

I feel sorry for my manager - she always has to hide her eyes when I have a clumsy moment. But I'm lucky that everyone's very understanding and able to laugh with me in my workplace :D

When I was a teen I went on the school ski trip in Austria (god knows what I was thinking!) as a complete beginner at skiing. I could barely manage a green slope. Guess who fell down a red slope on their skiis! I did! And I am somehow alive. I also went into a stationary car at one point and dented the door. :blush:

Miraculously I have yet to break a bone.... I might be indestructible!
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

I've always been rather clumsy. The type to get food all over my clothes. Misjudge the space between a door or wall and me. Trip over raised paving stones.
Ben A
Getting settled in

Post by Ben A »

Not sure if this counts, but being rather tall (6' 7), I hit doorframes/roofs quite a lot... even in places where I know the doorframe is shorter than me! My best friend lives in an old farmhouse, and so it feels somewhat hobbit-like for me - low roofs (kitchen beams and lights are a killer), super-low doors etc. The door to their living room is literally shoulder height with me, so always take a massive amount of care on that and to crouch really low, but it's still got me on more than one occasion!