Reflections on my 1,000th post

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Reflections on my 1,000th post

Post by Tom fod »

Hi all

I’ve been involved with this site for almost exactly 5 years now, since I first came to this site in 2011 looking for answers http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... 399#p15399 to later becoming a moderator.

As you know I’m quite prolific here and will have a go at trying to answer the seemingly unanswerable posts and hopefully doing a usefulish job of it at least some of the time.

Anyway I won’t go on too long. I'd like to salute all members here past present and future. We’re all amazing in our own ways. Thank You all for making this site what it is

I guess I could reward myself in some small way as today as been a tough week what with work and a family bereavement, losing Mum to cancer after a short but brave battle.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Reflections on my 1,000th post

Post by Tom fod »

Typical. I've managed to post it twice. Tis the computer's bloody fault or My Dyspraxia wanting the last laugh!

Maybe I should moderate myself for shameless post count boosting!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

My congratulations to you and also my condolences.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
ssuma

Post by ssuma »

Congratulations! Also, please accept my gratitudes for you contribution to the forum in the form of Kaomoji (´・ω・)っ由┌iii┐
Ditsy

Post by Ditsy »

Hi Tom,

1,000th post shows so much dedication it is a real acheivement. I would also like to send my condolences it must have been a really hard week,
dysclaire
New member - welcome them!

Post by dysclaire »

Sorry for your loss Tom. Cancer is soo unforgiving!
After 1000 post your insight becomes invaluable.
Thanks for your energy and support.
maria
Regular Poster

Post by maria »

So sorry to hear about your loss, Tom. It's hard to go thru losing your Mum. I lost my Mum 30 years ago and think of her every day tho I've come to terms with it now. I guess what helps is I'm a very firm believer in that we just pass on to the next stage of existence, whatever that might be, but I know not everybody else believes this.

Not sure if this will help or not, but here goes. In the days after my Mum died various members of the family experienced a beautiful scent of flowers even when none were in the house. This wasn't all at the same time nor when we were all together. Nobody even thought to mention it until weeks later and when we compared notes we were amazed to find we'd all smelled flowers - and as soon as you became aware of it, the scent faded. I was most surprised about my very cynical older brother (who doesn't believe in anything!) saying he'd had the scent of flowers in his house the day after she died!

I've since learnt that the scent of flowers after a loved one passes away is very common. It's hearing about ordinary people who have extraordinary experiences like this that convinces me there has to be something beyond and death is not the end. Hope this helps anyway!