FOOD!

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Reminds me of a Peter Kaye sketch, Riddles, when they went to a chippy in the south to find they had no gravy or any sauces to have with his chips. "Has tha nowt moist?!"
BetaBox
Getting settled in

Post by BetaBox »

Lets food groups:

Meat:

I only eat chicken, beef, pork and ocassionaly duck, i dont like seafood for the texture and the smell. I have to be able to smell my food cooking. Lamb is just wrong, I can't see how anyone can eat it!

Vegetables:

Carrots and celery must be raw. I love striping a celery stick theres some intriguing about those wierd stringy bits.

Peas and corn must be cooked and not on its own.

I really like cooking maybe we should start a recipe thread.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I must admit, I love peas freshly picked from the pod, or microwaved frozen peas,

the only peas I can't stand are the mushy peas, I hate the texture, taste, and smell of them cooking, and on the plate, I won't eat anything that has been dished up with the same spoon as them either.

unless they are dished up after the rest of the food, even then it is a quick dive into the kitchen, and back out with my food while holding my breath.

I think it reminds me too much of school dinners!! either that or just haven't liked them at all.

stringy beans is the other thing I will not touch with a barge poll, and my gandparent's had this thing, that you aren't allowed to leave the table until all your food was finished, I used to be there from 12pm - 5pm, even though I told them 1,000's of times it makes me physically ill trying to eat them, they would still give us them, and force us to eat it.

I am not a really fussy eater, as long as it has been cooked properly, and it isn't either of the above, or served with the same spoon as above, then I will just about eat anything else.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

I'll eat anything and everything really.

Well, as long as it isn't meat or fish. (I'm a veggie).
Or some 'fake' meat products. (Hate the texture of some of them).
Or anything with even the tiniest hint of spicyness.
Or grapefruit/cocunut/tomatoes with pips in /celery. (just don't like them).

I don't have any problems with food. I love cooking actually - i'm a bit rubbish and unimaginative but i can cook various edible meals, (most of which include beanfeast in some way - my favourite food). :D