Dyspraxia Research at Goldsmiths

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dan.Brady
New member - welcome them!

Dyspraxia Research at Goldsmiths

Post by Dan.Brady » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:19 am

Dear all,

I'm am a PhD student at Goldsmiths College (University of London) working as part of a group led by Prof. Elisabeth Hill who are interested in conducting research into Dyspraxia and DCD.

We are looking for participants aged 18+, who have been diagnosed with dyspraxia or DCD to take part in the three on-line questionnaire based studies we currently have running.

- The first can be found here: http://bit.ly/14uxzef.
It is a general questionnaire that contains questions from the adult DCD check-list and the ADHD self report scale, as well as questions on Employment and Education, Diagnosis and Medication, & Exercise and other leisure activities. It also allows you to opt-into receiving information about any study we run in the future that we think you may be interested in (you can opt-out at any time).

- The second can be found here: http://ww3.unipark.de/uc/Team_Hill/71f2/ and looks specifically at sleeping patterns and sleep quality in adults with dyspraxia

- The third can be found here: http://ww3.unipark.de/uc/Team_Hill/e490/ and looks at driving experiences in adults with dyspraxia

Each of these questionnaires should take no more than 15 minutes to complete.

All of these questionnaires have been approved by the Goldsmiths College Psychology Department ethics board, and all responses given will be completely confidential.

These questionnaires will give us a better idea of whether (and if so how) sleep, driving, and other aspects of daily life in adulthood are affected by the condition, and hopefully allow us to find ways to reduce any impact the condition has on daily life.

If you have any questions about the questionnaires, or would like more information please feel free to email me: dan.brady@gold.ac.uk...

Many thanks,

Dan

*This message has been approved by the Administrators on the Dyspraxia Adults Forum*

Moot
Power poster

Re: Dyspraxia Research at Goldsmiths

Post by Moot » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Glad to hear more research is being done for dyspraxia. I'll take a look at the first two links soon. :)
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D

Dan.Brady
New member - welcome them!

Re: Dyspraxia Research at Goldsmiths

Post by Dan.Brady » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:18 am

That would be really useful, thank you Moot!
The topic is important to me because I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was in secondary school, and while I've muddled through to get to this point I realise that my case is pretty mild and there are people with the condition who have it a lot worse than me.

Thanks to those who have already responded. We have had a good turn out so far, but the more people we get the stronger and more representative our research is. So please take a look if you haven't yet.