Hi

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

ClearCarbon
New member - welcome them!

Hi

Post by ClearCarbon »

Last edited by ClearCarbon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Jayney
Getting settled in

Post by Miss Jayney »

i'm odd - i'm not actually bad at art - but i do have difficulties (always did) with fine lines and such - i don't have an artists tab but would dearly love one . I'd be intested in people's responses to this as want to improve my drawing abilitiy beyond what it is - however i alays ound that i ued to get frustrated andnot boher a lot of he time if semthin wasn't turnign out too well.

I the past i've don a air amount of sculpture and pottery - which i don't seem to have any problemss with regarding my dyspraxia, but tat's down to practice i guess and also the sort o thigns i decide to sculpt - the more i envisage a cetain certain design the easier i find it to create :) perhaps just a lage degree of practice is required and slowing down - i like to do things quickly - and get my thoughts into wellwhatever medium there is at the same speed they come to me - however bing dyslexic and dspraxic also i find that my body just doesn't rallycatch up - or only catchesup messily :s I've ben told practice and becoming more methodical is generally the best approach :)
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

hi ClearCarbon,

welcome to the forum, hope you do feel at home here!!
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i've always had sleeping problems too. I hradly ever slept as a baby / child. Although i do now it takes me forever to get to sleep - my brain just never seems to want to switch off. And then when i finally get off to sleep i tend to wake up at about 4-5am ish; but then can usually get back to sleep again then. Recently i downloaded a 'sleep well' mp3 that was on my uni's website. its about 45mins - 1hr long. It has like relaxing music, and goes through things that are supposed to relax you and make you sleep well. I don't recall remembering the mp3 finishing any of the times i've played it in the past couple of weeks, so it must be working in helping me getting to sleep quicker. I just need to try and remember to go to bed earlier now. :D Lucy
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Hi

Welcome to the forum!!!

Unfotunately not an artist, had a few attempts... love drawing and painting but it never looks right.... use photoshop which helps...
ClearCarbon
New member - welcome them!

Post by ClearCarbon »

Last edited by ClearCarbon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I do have problems sleeping, but once I am asleep, then I find that I over sleep, I pressume it it to do with my blood disorder, as well.

as can't stand less than about 10 hours in a 24 hour period! some days I am fine, and sleep normal'ish 8 hours, some days I sleep for 5, and some days I could sleep all day!!

no matter what though, I am usually up all night most of the time (As Dan knows!!)

and the wierd thing is I find I am not so tired during the night, as I am if I am awake during the day. it is weird