hi am new

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lumic
Power poster

hi am new

Post by Lumic »

hi every1

am new to this an cani jus say reading the posts that yous have made i feel i am not the only one doing mad dyspraxic things for example

the other day i fell up the esculator in front of every1 in the shopping centre and hurt my foot but felt so embarerred!!!!! only i could do that
O:)

my friend fell out wit me cos the way i said something to her i didnt do it on purpose cos i my head it sounded normal i didnt even know i said something wrong but apparently i did

these are just a couple of things i have done this weekend!!! and im sure more will happen today!!
GWhizz
Regular Poster

Post by GWhizz »

Hello Keljohno welcome to the forum! =D>

I hope you enjoy using the forum it really does help get those worries and anxieties away

I know what you mean I have been known to say and do crazy things to sometimes fit in and in my head they sound normal

Ask yourself what is normal and you will find that not a lot is

This is the best forum that I have stumbled upon and I was nervous joining it because it is admitting to yourself yes you have dyspraxia and you are not alone in this (Although dyspraxics do tend to want to be alone) and it sounds cheesy but we are here for each other \:D/
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

Well said GWhizz =D>
Keljohno I know exactly what u mean about saying things in the wrong way, I can do that a lot, especially on the phone. If I call my fiance and I'm in a bad mood, that has nothing to do with him, he says that I sound like I'm angry with him, cause I find it hard to switch off from my bad mood in order to talk to him...he's used to it now but at first he took it personally, I didn't even realise I did it till he told me.
If I was u, I would explain to this friend that u didn't mean it the way it came out....she should understand...sometimes I wish everyone could be dyspraxic for a day or 2, cause then they definately would!
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

Hi everyone,

I am new as well, even though I have had dyspraxia all my life, I didn't find out until I viewed my medical records 2 years ago after watching a piece on tv about it the October before.

ok so I had been with my present gp for 10 years by then, but he thought we had been told the information by the previous gp, well all we got with my previous gp was there is nothing wrong with me, and it was all in our heads!

I was diagnosed at the age of 9, and didn't find out until I was 28, all of my higher school life I was treated as though I was thick! especially by the english teacher, so I ended up skipping lessons I didn't like, even physical education I used to write myself notes for, either that or not go, mainly as the teacher used to like getting us to play rugby, he would have done it 24/7 with us if he could!

and 2 things a dyspraxic hates, hand eye co-ordination, and physical contact. I didn't like ball games, but tried to play some, like just kick a ball around, or be in the goal with football, I tried cricket, and rounders, but very surprised if I actually hit the ball!

well hope to write and see more posts about living with dyspraxia this year!
robyn

Post by robyn »

welcome to the forum, I hope you find it helpful.

dyspraxia is a very varriable condition and there is no such thing as something a dyspraxic hates as it affects us all so differently. personally I dont have a problem with physical contact, unless Im very stressed.

Its very imortant not to generalise, the outside world knows so little about the realitises of dyspraxia so it is important not to misrepresent it
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

As the PE Teacher thread goes to show, even on topics such as PE lessons and sport there's a surprising variety of feelings and experiences by dyspraxics. Although there are broad symptoms there is a great range of personal variation.
ClearCarbon
New member - welcome them!

Post by ClearCarbon »

yeah usually I don't have a problem with most physical contact but I have a friend who seems to like pretending to punch people in the stomach and stops just short of actually punching (usually just brushes your clothes or skin), but I really hate it, took me about a year to get him to stop doing it. And I have a particularly low pain threshold.