Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

alice3rd
Getting settled in

Re: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Post by alice3rd »

Defiantly an extrovert, being round people makes me very happy !!
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Tim G wrote:
Captain_Ludd wrote:
Tim G wrote: I am defiantly not the typical extrovert 'bubbly' type of person those people annoy me - probably because I am so opposite to this.
Ditto, its probably a little unfair of me to judge them if I don't really know them but I cant help it, more a flaw in my personality than there's.
what do you mean Mr Ludd
Simply that I know its not really fair of me to judge someone a little harshly just because they happen to be extrovert and I'm not - that doesn't necessarily make them bad people just different to me.
Unfortunately my natural reaction is to stay away from such people, that's not there problem its mine without actually getting to know them bubbly or not how can I judge them as individuals? But I still tend to and it something I try to avoid cos its a flaw in my personality, and has probably cost me friends in the past.
alice3rd
Getting settled in

Post by alice3rd »

what is it that you find so annoying about bubbly people ? and why do you tend to stay away from them ?
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

To be honest I'm not complete sure why its just a gut reaction thing.
I think there are a number of factors, given that I have a completely different personality I find it hard to relate to them and quite overpowering to be around.
I often find myself thinking "for gods sake calm down", but then I've been described as emotionally retarded by some so maybe its just that I'm under reacting not that there over reacting.
Also I probably need to define what I think is "bubbly", I have no problem with friendly affable people, but most people I have met who have described them self's as bubbly have been the kind of people who are almost forcibly happy and seem to need to be the center of attention and try to take over, you know, the type who describe themselves as the life and soul of the party, that just screams in security to me.
But hay ho that's probably just my natural cynicism talking, which is probably just as bad as being "bubbly" :) .
LGC2108
Regular Poster

Post by LGC2108 »

I'm definetly an introvert.
FAndrews
Power poster

Post by FAndrews »

introvert, but slightly extrovert with people i know i suppose :)
michele
Getting settled in

Post by michele »

I guess I'm an omnivert...either because I just am or because life with dyspraxia warped a natural extrovert into a weird hybrid being ;)
"When none of the offfical paths lead you anywhere good there is a simple solution...forget about roads."
skyebison
Getting settled in

Post by skyebison »

[redacted]
Last edited by skyebison on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGC2108
Regular Poster

Post by LGC2108 »

I am an Introvert, but try really hard with social situations, which Dyspraxia can make challenging.
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Dunno if any ones still interested but I'm currently reading a book called "Quite: The power of Introverts in a world that can't stop talking"
Its by Susan Cain its a very illuminating read and I'd highly recommend it.
poodlelover81
Getting settled in

Post by poodlelover81 »

I'm what's called an ambivert where I can be one or the other depending on the situation or who I'm with.
Hedgepig
New member - welcome them!

Post by Hedgepig »

Introvert through and through. I do a happy dance everytime I get home to my house share and see all the lights off because it means I can get my dinner without having to talk to anyone. If I see friends over the weekend I'll be back at work more tired and drained than when I left on Friday. When I go home to my parents I'll get edgy if they keep talking to/at me past a certain amount of time - especially if they're looking for opinions and input. I don't mean to, but I'm used to getting quiet downtime, and as an only child I just don't get that when my parents are around :|

(Yeah, I know right - boohoo I get so much love and attention it's simply awful... but seriously, I find it exhausting)
Ram
Power poster

Post by Ram »

Definitely along the introverted side of the spectrum. I don't know if that is my innate nature or whether it is a default response to my less than stellar popularity as a child and young adult.
R1ch8rD
Getting settled in

Post by R1ch8rD »

I would say introverted, but I try very hard to be extroverted. This can be very exhausting though, particularly if I'm having a dyspeptic day(s).
A road I have to be very cautious about is Alcohol, because a couple of pints can almost make the Dyspraxia disappear for the evening, even on a bad day. Im very strict about reserving this for social events. But I do wish I can find a less risky heather way
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

I am introverted but can't abide long bouts of solitude. I definitely think this is correlated, although not necessarily caused by, Dyspraxia, as it is considered to be on the Autistic Spectrum so...