Talking to people in my head

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Susan69
Getting settled in

Re: Talking to people in my head

Post by Susan69 »

There is a condition called Maladaptive Daydreaming where people constantly day dream for hours at a time imagining complex scenario's or fantasy worlds.
SusanS
New member - welcome them!

Post by SusanS »

So, how do you come up with ideas if you don't daydream? Maybe that's why so many people struggle with any kind of original thought? I find at work, when I briefly manage to hold down a job that is, that I see all sorts of areas for improvement. I then suggest them. Next thing people are really cross. I think from coming on here that I can see that maybe the other people just don't think of different, better ways of doing things. I like things to be really efficient and interesting. Maybe cutting out wasted time and effort are just second nature after a lifetime of compensating for my dyspraxia. I had no idea that talking to people in your head was anything other than what everyone does. Maybe it really is just for people who have imaginations, which isn't everyone. As for internet stalking, isn't that what its for? Why would people put stuff out there on the internet about themselves if they don't want it known. Thanks for sharing. I'm finding this forum really interesting for working out who I am, what my strengths are, what my weaknesses are, and how I want to do things from now on, since realising I have dyspraxia. And I'm definitely not going to stop talking to people in my head. As they say, if you fail to plan, you're planning to fail. :ghug:
Susan69
Getting settled in

Post by Susan69 »

I think the MD is more intense than that it's not just daydreaming to work out how to solve practical solutions they often have an intense fantasy worlds with different characters. Some even become those characters to deal with real life. They might create multiple characters and be a different character in different situations so it gets difficult to seperate it from Multiple Personality Disorder when the intense fantasizing is constant everyday especially if it is spilling out into becoming the characters in real life situations. It's like a form of dissociating from real life to an extreme and more than just like sat at your desk dreaming about being laid on a beach in the bahamas! ... or imagining what your house will look when you've finished redecorating it. :D
Underpressure33
New member - welcome them!

Post by Underpressure33 »

Oh my gosh YES! Ever since I was a child I have done what I could only really describe, even to myself, as creating an ongoing book or movie that I was obsessed with “living in” in my mind. I craved alone time so I could either become a character or at least continue adding more to my imaginary world and the lives of all the people that lived in it. I NEVER told anyone anything about it, even though it was something that occupied my mind about 90% of the time for yearsss! I thought I was just doing another really weird thing, because I did weird stuff often!