Random moments of energy

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

rosie
Getting settled in

Random moments of energy

Post by rosie »

Does anyone else have random moments or bursts of energy. Thankfully I have a really understanding bf but if I get excited about something its like woooosh. He says its like i never stop moving sometimes.
minniemoo
Power poster

Re: Random moments of energy

Post by minniemoo »

Yep. I do :) As a kid I was described as hyper! And my boyfriend still thinks I am :D
Also get very and sometimes over enthusiastic and excited! I think it's good to have extreme emotions sometimes though and I pity people who don't feel them or feel that they need to tone them down or hide them. :)
skyrocket
Getting settled in

Post by skyrocket »

I have extremes of emotion - I never have much inbetween. I was very hyper as a child and a problem in school. Nowadays it can be extremely tiresome in professional situations coupled with modulating the tone of voice.
Skifflet
Getting settled in

Post by Skifflet »

Yeh, I get really physically hyper sometimes. I end up climbing up walls, lamposts and trees and challenging everyone to arm-wrestling matches :P. I also get what I think is called "hyperfocus"?. I just get really, really into some project or activity- it takes up all my concentration and energy and I can put tonnes of effort and time into it without getting bored. Usually this is something entirely useless like a fancy-dress costume I'm working on, but sometimes it happens with things like organising an event or learning something new. I guess it's a bit odd, especially for an adult, but I like this part of my neuroatypical brain. n_n
Last edited by Skifflet on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I don't get anything that extreme. My first thought on reading this thread was "bi-polar" but on close refelection I think I'm way wide of the mark.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Wow I wish I got something like that :) .
yayitsronnie
New member - welcome them!

Post by yayitsronnie »

Last edited by yayitsronnie on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janetp
Getting settled in

Post by janetp »

I can so relate to the bouts of excitment and passion ,I try to tone myself down for the sake of others but I do appreciate the delight and joy I get from the things that move and excite me.

I realise that when I get this way I am almost jumping out of my skin, (hopping on the spot) but hey I am so excited, there are so many simple pleasures to be had. it can get a bit lonely when there is no one to share the energy with and a bit annoying I know for others as well. sort of like an excited child I guess. I dont wish to be without my enthusiasm.
Peculiar
Getting settled in

Post by Peculiar »

I get random spurts of energy sometimes. And when I do, I get loud, and sometimes my mom said the pitch in my voice hurts her ears lol
nickye
Power poster

Post by nickye »

Once again, it is such a relief to have found this forum! It's like reading about myself, a lot of it. I get very excited by all sorts of things, sometimes it seems great, but at other times I just wish I wasn't like that, because it gets too painful. I get too happy and excited and it sort of hurts! I can get very excited by textures and things in a shop too. I then can get very depressed next minute! I get frustrated because I feel people don't understand my highs, but I know I must be a bit of a difficult person to live with.
I find shopping and the news quite over-stimulating sometimes. It all gets too much and I want to have a lie down in a dark room! Does this make any sense?