Epic fails.

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

OhJude.
Getting settled in

Epic fails.

Post by OhJude. »

Anyone like to share? (I'm new by the way).

Today I managed to pour a glass of wine over a babies head. Baby was on her Dad's lap. I bent down to hug them both. Handbag swung down, awkwardly tried to make a grab for it. Failure. Wet baby. Lots of laughter. SO embarrassed. :blush:
agsiul
Power poster

Re: Epic fails.

Post by agsiul »

=D> That is class....I've done some damage with wine & bags myself. spun around in a restaurant and knocked over someone's glass....it was the size of a friggin soup bowl. She had half a bottle of wine dumped in her lap and all over the table....I offered the buy her a new one ....the way she kept looking at me you'd think I'd done it on purpose....I mean her dress was black so it wasn't like the table cloth which would never recover...so embarassing but so hilarous at the same time. That will teach them to put the damn tables so close to each other. :banana:
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

I've lost count of the number of pints I've spilled/knocked over people almost got me in to a couple of very sticky spots at the pub (no pun intended).
I’m forever accidently knocking or hitting people, my two best are smashing my barber in the face while trying to pull my wallet out of a tight pocket in a new pair of jeans and hoofing a guy in the nuts while trying to get on a donkey ride at Yarmouth when I was 12.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I like those as well :D
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

Thanks Captain Ludd, you made me laugh after a long day.The donkey story was hilarious. I'm sure I have loads of similar examplws..
OhJude.
Getting settled in

Post by OhJude. »

Thanks for the replies, I feel better now!

Isn't it worse when people don't find it funny? Nothing worse than a long silence... 8-[
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I agree... :D
OhJude.
Getting settled in

Post by OhJude. »

I think we can add bowling to the list after last night's attempt. My friends kindly agreed to put the barriers up! #-o
Bonny866
New member - welcome them!

Post by Bonny866 »

Dropped a pot of red paint on the floor of the classroom when I was seven. I was made to clean it up alone and it seemed to take forever I think the whole floor was a hue of pink by the end of lunchtime. Also tripped on some stairs when 13 and literally flew throu the air but landed on one leg saving myself, I could believe it I still don't know how I managed to do it. Handbags are deadly I am trying not to use one whenever possible.
AlleyCat
Power poster

Post by AlleyCat »

Hi Bonny866. The incident with the paint and then having to clean it up yourself reminds me of an incident I was involved in when I was similar age. At break time I often liked to sit and read (probably partly because I would have struggled to join in physical games other children were playing)- I'd finished my book, so I decided to go and get the next one myself. The next one was a book that had been ordered from a book club and was in a neatly-stacked pile in the infant classroom, along with everyone else's orders. I reached up to get my book and of course the pile came tumbling down, sending everyone's order forms (along with some free puppets) scattering across the floor. The lunchtime supervisor came in and helped pick them up- I thought that would be the end of it, so I was mortified when she 'told on me' to the infant class teacher. I was sent for and told off in front of the infant class (which included my sister and her friends, who were no doubt sniggering). The infant class teacher went on and on about how cross she was and how much hassle it would be for her trying to put the order forms back into the correct books. I think incidents like yours and mine just go to show that there are some people who should not be in teaching, as they have very little idea of how to handle children in a sensitive way. It is especially ironic for me, as I really want to teach in primary and there is no way I would punish or humiliate a child as you and I were punished and humiliated. I have worked in schools as a teaching assistant and on supply and unfortunately have noticed that there are still plenty of ignorant teachers out there, who are comfortably settled in permanent positions :@
Bonny866
New member - welcome them!

Post by Bonny866 »

I think that the main reason I became and teacher and then sen coordinated was my experiences at school. I get a lot from working with teachers to help them understand where children my be coming from but also frustration from those that or open mInded. Pursue your wish to teach, adults who can relate to the kids can bring so much to primary. You often have to overcome hurdles on the journey though, I have bad memories of trying to write reports in the days when we had to do it by hand. I think it is a job that suit dyspraxics, children have short attention spans and I think that helps me to be more at their pace and I never get bored.
alice3rd
Getting settled in

Post by alice3rd »

I once face planted the floor on my way out of the cinema and the whole cinema laughed ! Then in the shock I just didn't get up for ages !