Conclusions

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

agsiul
Power poster

Conclusions

Post by agsiul »

Does anyone else do stuff like this? I don't know if this is normal and I do it a fair bit so I'm wondering if anyone else does it and do they know?

I passed a house today. I'm not an architect but I'm interested in houses....but the following could just as easily have been about anything....the house had a lovely entrance that I'd say the owners sit in when it is sunny and look out over the sea. I thought to myself it would be lovely but what would happen when you were old and decripit and couldn't get up the steps....and thought that whenever you'd be building a house it would be a good idea to put in a small store room that could be used as an elevator shaft/room that you could put an lift into for a wheelchair (the type you'd get in a college where you could drive in your wheelchair and then back it out when you'd get upstairs)...very handy i thought...then I tought but what would happen if there was a powercut and you couldn't get downstairs to get food or to go out to get milk....or what would happen if there was a fire and you had to drag yourself down the stairs because the lift wouldnt work....So.... came to the conclusion that you'd be better off living in a bungalow when you'd be old or building a house where you could live on the ground floor completely for when it would be more practical. this all happened in less time that it took to type it out. Do other people do this? It's just with the way that I talk to people where I'm having a conversation and I've moved on 10 steps so that when I open my mouth again I've followed my train of thought but they haven't and stare at me and say where the hell did that come from I'm wondering about it?