Ironically, I'd forgotten I'd joined this forum!

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Brad
Getting settled in

Ironically, I'd forgotten I'd joined this forum!

Post by Brad »

Now if that isn't an example of dyspraxia in practice I don't know what is. :blush:

Anyhow, you may recall (or not!!) that I'd been mugged in 2009, which in turn led to counselling sessions, which in turn led to the suggestion of dyspraxia. I was referred to a clinical psychologist and told I'd be put forward for tests. Then just as suddenly, I was told that the NHS were unable to help and I'd be better off seeking a private diagnosis.

So, how have people gone about doing this and have they been succesful? I've tonight just written an introductory email to the Nuffield Hospital, but my workplace are really waiting for a diagnosis (I haven't told them the NHS turned me down!)

Anyway, nice to be back. I'll try and pop my head in now and again!
Daniel
Administrator

Re: Ironically, I'd forgotten I'd joined this forum!

Post by Daniel »

It would be interesting to hear how you get on with the private option. I only found disappointment with the NHS option, however I now have a supportive employer that assists and fund some of the specifics issue I have. I've found this has alleviated the need to look for a diagnosis.

Daniel
Brad
Getting settled in

Re: Ironically, I'd forgotten I'd joined this forum!

Post by Brad »

Update! My GP has referred me to the Nuffield Hospital. All I have to do is wait now.

My GP asked me to phone him (I'm petrified of calling) and I feel really bad that my mum had to take over the call as I was just not getting myself across. I'm 33 for gawd's sake. :(

All it was was that he wanted permission to send some letters on.