What a day...

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pooky
Administrator

What a day...

Post by Pooky »

It has just been one of those days today.

Got up this morning, later than I should have.

No milk, went to use the toaster , broken ](*,)

Then everest ring to try and flog me soffits, I try tell her I am not interested in a discount deal, but she still goes on and on and wants someone to deliver some paperwork at 10am on Saturday morning and would I agree to it, don't see why they can't post it.

Then I think I will put on my new watch that my boyfriend gave me for valentines day, can't find it anywhere. I end up smashing a glass and it shattering glass all over the kitchen floor in the process of looking for it,.

Then I can't find some crucial paperwork needed, so I know I can't rest till I find it so I think it may be at work (I was supposed to be working at home today) so I travel the hours drive into work as I know I can't rest till I find it.

Can't find at all at work, I find every paperwork but, so end up having to write an email that I can't find it.

Then I end up breaking the works new all in one printer/scanner/copier by using the automatic feeder for scanning. Still doesn't work now, spent over an hour trying to fix it :(

Then I get home and tell the boyfriend the toaster isn't working, I plug it and show him, then lo and behold it works. I must have forgotten to switch it on at the plug this morning ](*,)

Also just to say this isn't unusual for me, everything I seem to touch just ends up broken or in bits, and not intentionally :*( No wonder I have my low moments at times.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Argh! Really sounds like one of those days. I was pretty useless this morning. Aside from a bit of a hang over (too much Baltika beer number 7) I kept banging into things and tripping over things, especially at a museum I went to. Just as well I didn't go head long into a Van Gogh!
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

You are not alone with the breaking things, thing.... I am always unintentionally breaking stuff I hate it if my parents go abroad and I am using their house I break endless things the dishwasher, cups, glasses, etc etc one time the car (complete write off - the night they were comming back...). Always getting told off for slamming doors - even though I am not trying to... so everyone thinks I am in a mood... Iam not...
Kelly
New member - welcome them!

Post by Kelly »

now THAT'S deja-vu. i break vehicles all the time. but when it comes to electronics and such, I'm the only one in the household who knows how to fix the blasted things. my mother calls me constantly to help her straighten out the TV remote, for example. I've managed to develop a system for repairs and so on. Kinda glad for my hi IQ compensating for my dys
nick
Power poster

Post by nick »

i just broke my number plate of my bike because i forgot that i had a lock on the rear wheel and it wipped up and snapped the bracket that secured not only my number plate but my rear indicators also. further more it also smashed my chainguard and bent it out of shape. all in all, a pretty expensive start to the day; what a cluttz i am.
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

I just stay in and hope it passes when I have a bad day. Tomorrow is another day.