Having Dyspraxia and not having it

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Having Dyspraxia and not having it

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

All humans experience challenges as well as people with learning disabilities so I was wondering is there any way to tell if you are not Dyspraxic?

IF you have been told that you have a learning disability and a motor delay is that the same as the word Dyspraxia? If not what is the difference between having a motor delay from having Dyspraxia?

I learned how two tie my shoe laces at eleven, I still can't tell my left shoe from my right so I just put them down together and make sure the toes are both straight, I had difficulty jumping when using a skipping rope, My writing was bad when I was 5-8 so I was thought how to write properly including letters and keeping the letters on the lines by Home help tutor, My mum dressed me untill I was 16 years of age because I was too slow, wasn't interested in style and had difficulty with my buttons, It took me untill I was 18 to know the directions to my own house and to remember shor cuts in town and to find my away around the streets in town, the speed of my writing has improved since I turned 18, mum washed my hair for a while because I didn't know the procedure, I tend to get confused with understanding questions on paper and and answering a question without putting in too much information, have difficulty writing a letter or notes on a blank piece of paper with no lines because my reading goes sideways and when doing a graph I mighn't leave a enought space for my numbers and my line sometimes goes sideways.

I don't believe it; I pick up information on relationships very easily and anything philosical but can't get the just of shakespears language, biology or recipes.

Please write back.

Thank you!

PS: I have been told by my occupational therapist who I don't see any more, that three is nobody in Ireland at all who can diagnose adults or diagnose Dyspraxia in adults and there are very few who have heard of Dyspraxia or know what Dyspraxia entails so that is very unfortunate for me.

:D
Amy Conway