86%
No
14%

Total votes: 21

Remus
Regular Poster

Daydreaming

Post by Remus »

Do you daydream a lot? I find I am constantly daydreaming, I'm just in another world sometimes.

I find it quite a relaxing process, I can slip into a fantasy word and escape from reality for awhile until someone like snaps me out of it. I also get my best ideas from my daydreams as well as I have quite the powerful imagination. :ball:

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
RoxyFirestorm
New member - welcome them!

Re: Daydreaming

Post by RoxyFirestorm »

i have a tendency to fantasise, though it's not always good. depending on my mood i can lay in bed waiting for the kitty i don't have to come lick my face, or get some horrific images that i can't shake. once i had to leave a guy's house because i couldn't move an image that barged in.
Jody Anne

Post by Jody Anne »

I daydream all the time at work it's really annoying!! I just can't concentrate to save my life lol
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

all the time, was always picked on by teachers for it. but just knew 2 more minutes and I would be in a far better place!! I didn't so much when in college. but quite often in a daze, or unaware of things when tired, or just woken up, and unaware of what day it is most of the time. but there again it is my watch that keeps reminding me. either that or my father asking what day it is. as he works around the clock. then one day is like the next most of the time to him.
Owen
Getting settled in

Post by Owen »

I am really interested in cycling on my own. Since I have been out of work i have been on numerous bike rides that i have loved as I love just looking at the views as i cycle and beleive me there is some amazing sights and distances to see if you cycle in North Yorkshire. Yes, I daydream a lot about where i am going to cycle to, or daydream about what that view might look like even if I don't end up cycling there. I have always been a daydreamer I think it is a good thing it is something that gives you hope and also it may be due to being a Gemini. My other interest is History and that makes wonderful daydreams you can sort of try to picture how things were in the past. I a interested in local history and find it great to read about places that i have cycled through.
lgrillo

Post by lgrillo »

Yes I daydream all the time.

But is this dyspraxia? Or is it some other fault or greatness??

I am about to go off the subject a bit (sorry) But I am really curious. Do you think that we blame everything on dyspraxia, when sometimes it is not our condition it is just us being odd? Oh I really hope you guys understand me. I am really rubbish with explaining myself! Is that because I am dyspraxic or just odd?!?

;0)
Magic_Lemur
Regular Poster

Post by Magic_Lemur »

I ask myself that all the time - how deep does the rabbit hole go & where does Dyspraxia end & I begin..?

I day-dream a lot too & had teachers who commented on it at school. It has its upside at work as I makes me quite creative. I've wrote annoying little songs about all of my colleagues, for instance...

It does seem to be Dyspraxia - a lot of my mates dream a lot & have weird dreams.

There was an article in the paper about how birds have the same brain patterns when they're singing songs & when they're dreaming - i.e. they're perfecting their song in their sleep.
Maybe us Dyspraxics are merely perfecting ourselves while awake while other's who don't will forever remain normal...
"But only 1 in 10 survives all danger.
When walking thru the jungle,..
He never fears tigers
as there's no place to sink his claws,...

This is the fulfilled person of the Tao
who has no mortal spot."

Tao Te Ching Verse 50
lgrillo

Post by lgrillo »

That is fantastic!
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

I live a lot inside my head. My boss used to say I was zoning out. I also have really wild, vivid dreams. So glad to know I'm not alone!
hollypop18
Getting settled in

Post by hollypop18 »

I do it all the time!!! Sometimes I hate it as ecspecially with the job as Ive got to be able to have eyes at the back of my head but I just switch off without thinking, I dunno if any of you guys get this but i feel "safe" in "my little world" everything seems to make sence :D xx
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

with the job i have i have 2 be switched on all the time constanlty looking for things night shifts are the werst as i tend to day dream alot Alex
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

I daydream a lot. Especially when I at work (which is bad because i work in a school with SEN kids), or doing paper work. I sometimes daydream while people are talking to me and then they either get annoyed at me or i forget what we are are talking about. I really can't help it. Sometimes i do it when i am driving too which is scary because I can get to somewhere and not remember the whole journey!

I work with children with special needs - daydreaming could have something to do with Dyspraxia as a lot of special needs overlap - you can have a autistic child who also suffers from ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia or any other diffulties.