I cant stand straight!!!!

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

hollypop18
Getting settled in

I cant stand straight!!!!

Post by hollypop18 »

Hey guys,

Does anyone get shooting pain in the backs of their legs when theyve either stood or sat for too long or sometimes a short amount of time? I can never get my legs stright either because it hurts. does anyone else get this? Ive been told its because of the muscles in my legs.

Holly
melvin1990
Getting settled in

Re: I cant stand straight!!!!

Post by melvin1990 »

Hi Holly

I also get this,especially when standing for a long time,it's a pain in the neck and I'm also convinced it's down to the muscles in my leg,especially in my left leg which definantley gets the worst of the pain.

Alex
hollypop18
Getting settled in

Post by hollypop18 »

Thanx Alex, I find that my right leg gets worse. Ive tried going swimming alot so it eases out pain some of the time, not always mind you! x
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I've got tight hamstrings and this causes pain in my right leg. I now go to the gym twice a week and the pain is nearly gone.
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

I don't get any pains or nothing from standing or walking. The only problem I have is I tend to find if I stay in one spot standing up for awhile, I eventually lose my balance and fall over. I mean, how can you do that standing straight! :P

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Jackyboy86
Getting settled in

Post by Jackyboy86 »

melvin1990 wrote:Hi Holly

I also get this,especially when standing for a long time,it's a pain in the neck and I'm also convinced it's down to the muscles in my leg,especially in my left leg which definantley gets the worst of the pain.

Alex
This...
zanderman1980
Getting settled in

Post by zanderman1980 »

i got this in my commercial fishing days i was given anti-inflamitorys as i had sciatica... might be worth a check up with the doc just to make sure :)
Jackyboy86
Getting settled in

Post by Jackyboy86 »

zanderman1980 wrote:i got this in my commercial fishing days i was given anti-inflamitorys as i had sciatica... might be worth a check up with the doc just to make sure :)
I assumed it to be sciatica. It's not.
Basically I got told to stop whinging...
zanderman1980
Getting settled in

Post by zanderman1980 »

not so good as the anti imflamitorrys were magic for me