Autistic Spectrum Quotient

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Stephen
New member - welcome them!

Autistic Spectrum Quotient

Post by Stephen »

Firstly I'd like to apologise in advance if this has been posted before, but I am new here and search didn't turn up anything, so as far as I know it hasn't.

Anyway, I found, and joined, this forum as part of self-motivated research into the connections between dyspraxia and autistic spectrum type conditions such as HFA and PDD-NOS. As part of the same research I came across a self-administered "Autistic Spectrum Quotient" test, which is essentialy a 50 statement stongly agree-strongly disagree type questionnaire. Apparently the average score for a neurotypical is 16.4, and 80% of those diagnosed with an autistic spectrum type condition scored over 32.

I am wondering what people with dyspraxia who aren't diagnosed with HFA/AS/PDD-NOS would score on average on this test....and what people who have both dyspraxia and one of those conditions as well would score in comparison. I did the test a few times myself, since I couldn't decide 100% which options to pick for several of the statements, and my scores ranged from 28-35. Though I haven't seen my own medical record and was diagnosed with developmental dyspraxia in childhood, to the best of my knowledge I am not diagnosed with anything beyond dyspraxia.

If anyone else is interested in this or otherwise doesn't mind doing this test, the link is here:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html - I think it might be interesting if people could post their score here, and state what relevant conditions they are officially diagnosed with, I know it's far from scientific, but I still think it would be interesting to see how far from the neurotypical average dyspraxic people's scores are.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Re: Autistic Spectrum Quotient

Post by sheppeyescapee »

Hey there,

I have been diagnosed with dyspraxia, dyslexia and AS. I'm starting to doubt the dyslexia part, but anyway I have taken this before but I couldn't find my old score. I took it again and my score was 40 :lol:

Jack
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
indigo doll

Post by indigo doll »

i have no formal diagnosis of anything, but my children do.

i've done this before and got a 38.
Cobnotroll

Post by Cobnotroll »

I did this before. I think I got 36.
sanabituranima
Getting settled in

Post by sanabituranima »

I got 28, which is higher than average but lower than most autistic people.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i got 33.

just dyspraxia i have. (even if my mum does keep pointing out how as a kid i was the same in "weird ways" as my young autistic brother. shes hinting at her opinion of something, but i like to ignore that)
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

I got 40, but other than dyspraxia, dyscalculia and epilepsy I have no other problems of any kind!

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Mercer

Post by Mercer »

18. I'd like to think i'm a little bit strange to both neurotypical and the autistic people.
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

31 from me. I guess if Dyspraxia is at the mild end of the AS, then that kinda figures... Interesting though!
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
fordprefect
Getting settled in

Post by fordprefect »

I've been diagnosed with dyspraxia since childhood and epilepsy, just took the test and scored a 30, not sure what this means but I'm guessing it's at the lower end of autistic spectrum?

Ford.
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit..
Icarus
Getting settled in

Post by Icarus »

I've only ever been diagnosed with a Fine-MotorSkill delay and then Depression and such. I got a 60. How high is that? It doesn't give you a point of reference or a scale or anything.
''Look at these people, these human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than- no, hold on. Sorry, that's The Lion King''
-Doctor Who