shaking

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alex
Power poster

shaking

Post by Alex »

this may sound starange but if i've been swimming for a long time and then rap a towel around me to keep warm i contiuniously shake its not because iam cold once i got strapped onto a spinal board for a training secssion i was continiously shaking iam not epileptic cold or nervous i couldnt stop shaking in sometimes do it for no reason and without meaning to anyone else have this problem? hopefully it doesbr sound strange
JoeR+
Getting settled in

Re: shaking

Post by JoeR+ »

edit
Last edited by JoeR+ on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
edit
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

It doesn't sound weird. I tend to get shaky if I'm over tired or haven't eaten for a more than a few hours. :-s
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

i shake constantly when iam doing somthing its not a fit its like a 1 second thing like your mentioned but sometimes it can happen more than 3 times a day
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I jiggle. I'm sort of comfortable just keeping moving. Ao my legs are always bouncing, keepng my heels off the ground. I'm forever being told - because vibrations travel - 'stop it' but I don't eve realise I'm doing it. (well I do, I just mean it's comfortable so I don't if you follow...)
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

yeah i sort of get you
MarkFl
New member - welcome them!

Post by MarkFl »

JoeR+ wrote:i get a sort of shake as if i'm cold for like a sec 1 second after i pis5
This is completely normal and reasonably common. It's not entirely understood why it happens but the phenomenon is referred to as Post-micturition convulsion syndrome by medical personnel and as "pee"-shivers in casual conversation, I think roughly 80% of males and 60% of females report having experienced it, myself included.

So yeah, don't worry about it, nothing wrong with you in that regard unless you also feel faint and lightheaded afterwards, in which case you might want to see your doctor as this can lead to the embarrasing situation of you passing out with your trousers undone.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

I dont feel faint afterwards i understand what you say through i was strapped to a spianal board as part of my NPLQ assessment (National Pool Lifeguarding Qulification) and the examiner thought i was hypothermic i explained too her i do this all the time but i do not feel faint or lightheaded
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

The shaking after swimming is caused by the muscles working hard during the excercise, synaptic transission is occuring to get your muscles moving. Once you have stopped swimming things take a few moments for your body return to normal... hence the shaking... basicially muscle spasms....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

i have to say i had staff training last night and passed the pool test for the first time kept failing on timed swim i got out the pool after 2 and half hours of training and didnt shake once it might be the tempriture of the pool or somthing else like you say it could possibly be spasums
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

i sometimes shake without warning i cant control it and dont know when iam going to shake next its not because of iam cold its sometimes just comes without warning
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

It would be interesting to know if there's been research done into shaking of various sorts with dyspraxia. I'm sure I'm more prone to this than most and can be due to diet, temperature, exercise. Being startled can also make me shake, and anecdotally it seems to last longer and be more pronounced than in others.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

every time i go for a swim i just constantly shake even when i have a towel around me i understand its obviously the cold and i dont know weather my mucsles go into spazam
rosie3
New member - welcome them!

Post by rosie3 »

I have experience of a severe tremor in teens and twenties which has diminished since. Was the biggest feature of troubles.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

its like when iam doing me lifeguard training and i get strapped on spinal board and i start to shake the instuctor thought i was having a fit but i assured her i do it all the time it was not a fit