A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jen
Getting settled in

Internal feelings

Post by Jen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:09 pm

Hiya,

On my questionair fo getting assessed it askes

Chroric sence of under achievement, feeling you should of done better?
Yes always feel like this.

Problems with low self-esteem?
Always

Mood swings?
Yes.

Feeling a sence of impending doom?
Sometimes.

Negative language?

I'm always been told my woords I to strong for what I mean. Swear alot when down.

I read these and thoght yep thats some of the things I have the most difficulty with.

One of the other things I find difficult is reading mine and others body language, Don't use smilies cause not quit sure what all mean. Have been told I curl up into myself when down.

Please does anybody else have any of these problems? I would interested to hear them, thanks

Pooky
Administrator

Re: Internal feelings

Post by Pooky » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:16 am

I am not too good at judging body langauge and I am often told mine gives a different impression to what I am actually thinking inside.

People who don't know me too well often ask "what is up?" or "cheer up". Yet I am perfectly happy, but my exterior doesn't give that impression apparently.

Jen
Getting settled in

Post by Jen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Thanks,

That has happened to me, people say your down I am not.

Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:38 pm

I've been told I look miserable before and I am usually startled enough to mutter: 'no I was just thinking or er...no what gave you that impression?'
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.

Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Chroric sence of under achievement, feeling you should of done better?
Chronic, no, I have achieved things I am remarkably proud of, but in school I was very frustrated by an inability to match my output to my desires. 'If I could only explain my answers rather than have to write them down' was a common complaint.
That's never changed.

Problems with low self-esteem?
Sometimes, recently after I failed my PGCE course, my self-esteem hit rock bottom and my anxiety went through the roof. It was not pleasant at all. I'm still unemployed 5 months later and I've got an interview on Friday. How will I feel if I don't get this job. Not good I expect. Is that a mark of fragile self-esteem? Probably.

Mood swings?
Not rapid or often but yes, my moods have been known to swing.

Feeling a sence of impending doom?
No.

Negative language?
When I get really frustrated (especially at computers crashing) I do swear, but it's just a way of releasing my anger. I'm getting better at not letting my anger get the better of me and changing my environment (I got rid of the computer that wasn't working and got one that does) - that's a positive approach.
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.

Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:30 pm

Good luck at your job interview Lithium Joe.

Jen
Getting settled in

Post by Jen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Also best of luck for job interviev.

Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:40 am

ah i have had a similar thing happen - i was told in some observations that at the end of a lesson i looked really unhappy - i wasnt unhappy, just thinking about how it went.

i find i'm not usually aware of the facial expressions / body language i use and what it is saying to other people. its not something i usually consider so sometimes it must appear a little odd or unualual to other people.

oSoBlue
New member - welcome them!

Post by oSoBlue » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 am

When I'm down I wish I had like tylenol 3 or some codeine.

I also swear alot any time i want emphasis which is alot.

I also feel angry most of the time, but can instantly change to a mania of happiness. I'm very judgmental and paranoid too. sometimes I absolutely won't trust friends. When ever anyone tries to pick on me I'll come right at them full force with insults and try to make them look stupid in social settings. I also try to sabotage such people, by exxagerating their weaknesses to other or using their own words against them to others, and also by trying to make people who like the offender hate the offender so as to cause a large emotional wound on the person.

I'm a very honest person most of the time except when angered at people. My honesty hurts though in interview situations since I tell the truth on every question an interviewer asks. if they ask "what are your weaknesses?" I tell them rather than say none. If lied alot more in social settings I might be better off but I have a very righteous nature and a heavy consious.