Anyone else have low muscle tone and bad back pain?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Samuel.eats.grass
New member - welcome them!

Anyone else have low muscle tone and bad back pain?

Post by Samuel.eats.grass » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi, as I am writing this my back and shoulders hurt a lot. My shoulders click a lot at times. I have been to doctors who say it is mostly caused by me not moving for hours at a time when I'm sitting down (I don't notice until it's too late that I haven't moved in ages). If I go walking my ankles hurt after a short while, I presume this is related to low muscle tone too. IT is frustrating because how can you get fit if you can't walk or exercise much. Obviously hand writing also hurts for me, I know this is an obvious problem associated with dyspraxia but I haven't read much about back pain etc.

Anyone else have this problem?

dyspraxicyoungperson
Getting settled in

Re: Anyone else have low muscle tone and bad back pain?

Post by dyspraxicyoungperson » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 pm

hiya,
I have low muscle tone but I don't have a particularly painful back, I would ess suggest having a light massage or possibly visiting an Osteopath May give you some light exercises.
Hope that helps.
J

pappleyard

Post by pappleyard » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:16 am

I visit a chiropractor. I have found one I trust and who also seems to have a good all-round understanding of the human body and other contributing factors that may lead to back pain. As both the chiroprator and a doctor said it's very important to do strengthening exercises that the chiroprator or doctor gives you.

Two seperate chiroprators also said that some people have reactions to certain types of metal which can lead to weaknesses in the human body. I don't wear a ring since some basic tests they did seemed to indicate this was an issue for me. It's not going to be the case for everyone but its worth considering. It's also a fairly new discovery (I think) so not everyone you ask will be aware of it.

ritcmj

Post by ritcmj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:42 am

Hey I have low muscle tone, unless i go to the gym a lot, i also have bad back pain. I'm 19 and have played a lot of sport, i've played a decent standard of rugby, now I have terrible knees and shoulders. I saw a physio who told me I have the joints and muscles of a 35 year old.

DanTheOutlaw
Getting settled in

Post by DanTheOutlaw » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:15 am

I don't have visable low muscle tone however my body fatigues extreamly quickly, long before I'm breathless.

kmiller

Post by kmiller » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:12 am

Samuel.eats.grass wrote:Hi, as I am writing this my back and shoulders hurt a lot. My Back Brace For Posture click a lot at times. I have been to doctors who say it is mostly caused by me not moving for hours at a time when I'm sitting down (I don't notice until it's too late that I haven't moved in ages). If I go walking my ankles hurt after a short while, I presume this is related to low muscle tone too. IT is frustrating because how can you get fit if you can't walk or exercise much. Obviously hand writing also hurts for me, I know this is an obvious problem associated with dyspraxia but I haven't read much about back pain etc.

Anyone else have this problem?
i knew it when bones get weak it gives pain and difficult in doing exercise .toes should be pain after walking a while .i suggest u to do yoga it makes body relief and get ride from problem.after some time pain will decreses.

Animal lover
Getting settled in

Post by Animal lover » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:24 pm

Is it to do with hypermobility syndrome? I know most of us dyspraxics have that and can cause pain. Also it could be that we have bad posture, I know I'm always slumped
over a computer and I don't keep my back straight so I always ache in my neck and my shoulders. Maybe just try consciously making an effort to sit with a straight back and do some exercises to stretch out your muscles?
Everyone is a genius. But when you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing it is stupid.

Ditsy

Post by Ditsy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Definately have back pain and low muscle tone, did yoga for a bit but then went to walking which seems to be good for me as less likelihood of my clumsiness giving me a severe injury all though I have tripped on the pavement a few times.
I currently have a heat pad on my back as a bit sore, I did walk smack into a heavy door at work this week and got a mean bruise can't remember if it hit my back on the way out :)

morgank82
Regular Poster

Post by morgank82 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:55 am

Ditsy wrote:Definately have back pain and low muscle tone, did yoga for a bit but then went to walking which seems to be good for me as less likelihood of my clumsiness giving me a severe injury all though I have tripped on the pavement a few times.
I currently have a heat pad on my back as a bit sore, I did walk smack into a heavy door at work this week and got a mean bruise can't remember if it hit my back on the way out :)

Hello, maybe I can help with your question . If u can look up (spd) uu might find it interesting

brian92

Post by brian92 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:52 am

Working on the computer for a long time can cause back and neck pain. You have to avoid slouching and hunching while working. There are few effective exercises that can relieve your back, neck, and shoulder pain.

Wish90
Getting settled in

Post by Wish90 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:18 pm

I've got these problems it's very annoying!! :(