Fingers

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

firemonkey
Power poster

Fingers

Post by firemonkey »

Saw my pdoc yesterday. The possibility of ASD was mentioned. My stepdaughter mentioned my clumsiness. The pdoc had me do something that involved touching tips of fingers together. After doing it the pdoc said I was quite dyspraxic.
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Re: Fingers

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

What does "pdoc" mean please?
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Suspect it is in reference to a Psychiatrist

From Googling " Pdoc is a compressed phrase combining psychiatrist/psychologist and doctor."
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

Tom fod wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:29 pm Suspect it is in reference to a Psychiatrist

From Googling " Pdoc is a compressed phrase combining psychiatrist/psychologist and doctor."
That's right Tom
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

thanks - I just hope the pdoc realises the biggest part of DCD/dyspraxia is the way thinking is affected rather than just that we can have difficulty with manual dexterity.
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

Andrew_S_Hatton wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:25 pm thanks - I just hope the pdoc realises the biggest part of DCD/dyspraxia is the way thinking is affected rather than just that we can have difficulty with manual dexterity.
I did mention my difficulty with organising and planning and he mentioned executive functioning. Whether he was connecting this to dyspraxia I don't know.