Hey Guys! Im newbie

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ricardos
New member - welcome them!

Hey Guys! Im newbie

Post by ricardos »

Nice to be a part of this community!
Just enjoy my life, people and you.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hey Guys! Im newbie

Post by Tom fod »

Hello and welcome!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

Hi Ricardo - thanks for joining - I hope you will want to take part - I have been rather quiet here recently, but I realise such quietness is not good for me.

I am seventy-one, live in Essex, England.

I realised I was dyspraxic around 1999. Now go out very little and am happy with an online live.

I was a social worker/probation officer and have an interest in history and how folk got to wherever they are now.

I have been retired since 2003. I live with a wife who I met in 1964. We are very fortunate in having pensions from our work that means that as long as the pensions keep going they will probably be enough for our needs.

We first bought a home in 1970 and moved here in 1983. I am fortunate in that my wife - who is even a bit older than me - does most of the going out that we need to do. She is out right now at her weekly art class - I expect to admire her picture adoringly when she brings it home later.

We have two adult children both living independently with their own families. One is very near us.

The other, the dyspraxic one, who lives 250 miles away. She just telephoned me - first time we have spoken for, probably months - she has a cash flow problem - I am glad to have been able to help and to have had a chat with her, mostly about my grandson who is nearly two years old.

I hope that you will reply, when you have the time and others will also contribute.
texilulu

Post by texilulu »

Hi Ricardo, good to see this community - i'm a newbie too

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your story. I was diagnosed a few years ago whilst studying a masters degree - I was 42. It really hit me hard. I thought maybe that was why I've never found the right person, but reading your story, and looking at my own parents long marriage [Dad has ASD/savant] it still gives me hope that there can be a happy life with others to be had. You are blessed.
Have a lovely day my friends. x
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Texilulu and welcome to the Forum.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

texilulu wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:28 pm Hi Ricardo, good to see this community - i'm a newbie too

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your story. I was diagnosed a few years ago whilst studying a masters degree - I was 42. It really hit me hard. I thought maybe that was why I've never found the right person, but reading your story, and looking at my own parents long marriage [Dad has ASD/savant] it still gives me hope that there can be a happy life with others to be had. You are blessed.

I am indeed blessed - but there have been setbacks - I also know that it is frustrating reading about others achieving what you want - I find accepting things are as they are can help - but not when someone tells me what to accept - like my mother used to do - or I might seem to be doing now.
adiggsflute

Post by adiggsflute »

Hi Ricardo!