I think I have dyspraxia

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Toria48
New member - welcome them!

I think I have dyspraxia

Post by Toria48 »

Struggled most of my life feeling slightly out of sync, (I’m 48)just completed some training that involved large, small motor skills and sequences, whilst everyone else picked it up really quick I struggled and even ended up in tests. Saw a leaflet detailing dispraxia and I fit most of the profile - people have commented on my wonky walk before, struggle with instructions and memory is very bad as is concentration. Crap at dancing, driving and organising. Get easily frustrated and emotional and feels like it takes ages for my Brain to get process stuff. I have a first class degree though. Is any of this making sense to you guys out there?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: I think I have dyspraxia

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

From what you've said, it is very possible you are affected.

We often are of above average intelligence and can and do have high academic achievements despite some issues with cognitive planning and executive function.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
lisat87
New member - welcome them!

Re: I think I have dyspraxia

Post by lisat87 »

Hi. I am new here. I know exactly where you ar3 coming from. I didnt let it droo in the last month and today i got assessed. Its tough as i went to a gp first and was basically laughed out of the exam room. I highly recommend getting assessed so you know either way but i know funding can be an issue 😊