New member in distress.

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Omojesu
New member - welcome them!

New member in distress.

Post by Omojesu »

:S I am at a point where I do not know where to turn.
PIP which can support financially, jobs and education abandoned midway due to undiagnosed dyspraxia or behaving in ways not useful to myself. Intelligent and friendly they call me but...
Help as just yesterday I was suicidal but for fear of the pains
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Re: New member in distress.

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

Thanks for posting,

Sharing how low we can get can actually help others, sometimes we might even help ourselves.

I certainly do get that low and still think of suicide sometimes, but not actively anymore.

Professionally over many years I did much work, with those who had attempted or threatened suicide and sometimes with those left behind after a suicide, some who were affected for decades later, even though at the time we feel suicidal, sometimes we feel completely alone and may feel that our absence would be good for the folk we care about.

I doubt that it ever is.

What has helped me, is reflecting on what I have, compared sometimes with what others lack. I am indeed extremely fortunate to have had suffciently good health to survive 70 years and to have been able to obtain what I have needed to survive, so far.

I also recall two things my father said to me - he had been in the Royal Navy on small boats - during the second world war, at times he was the only crew memeber on deck on watch - he said - literally - it is always darkest before the dawn - and I think that is right in other ways as well. From a point of desperation we are more ready to reach out and to make changes - which can be very small - that help us live life a little differently than before - we also never know for certain. what will come along in the next day hour or even second.

Another - thing he said - all will be well. He had a much harder life than me.

Please post some more - say some more about what you think might help & see what the outcome is.

It might also help to read an respond to some other posts - that will at least give you something, perhaps a little different to think about. By sharing more of your experience you may get a better recollection on what you have achieved and survived AND may help others.

Thank you again for sharing today - sorry I did not reply sooner.

Andrew from Essex, UK.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry that you find yourself feeling this way. if it is any consolation you are not alone

Unfortunately it is very difficult to find specific assistance or adult diagnosis so pursuing help with regard suicidal feelings is a necessary first step.

Please can you explain what you mean by pain? is this physical pain or more a feeling of being overwhelmed by everything you are trying to process? You need to try to explain this to whoever you contact.

In regard to PIP is that the only financial assistance you have sought and how far have you got into the process? Are you awaiting a decision or has it been refused? Have you sought hrlp or advice from Citizens Advice or any other disability advocate organisation?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

I should also have said - if feeling hopeless despair please contact the Samaritans - sorry for my oversight - it really can help

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-h ... contact-us