Hi. New here.

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Catskane85
New member - welcome them!

Hi. New here.

Post by Catskane85 »

Hi. My name is Catrin and I live in Pwllheli in North Wales UK. I have been with Dyspraxia my whole life. I have also have chronic pain on the right side of my body for the last 7 years after a accident with a horse in college. I have been bullied my whole life because of my Dyspraxia. I suffer from depression because of the bullying. I have no friends around where I live and the "friends" I have had have inly being taking atvantage of me. I don't know what to do when I get new friends. In the past if I told anyone I have dyspraxia they have jist bullied me and tell me to f off but if I don't tell them I have dyspraxia and they found out by someone else (usually someone who is bullying me) then they tell me to f off so I can't win. I would like some advice please on how to make friends when you have dyspraxia.☺. I

Thanks a lot
Catrin Elen Williams
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi. New here.

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Catrin
Happy New Year and welcome.

Sorry to read of your struggles. All too sadly it is not unusual. It never helps when we feel rubbish about ourselves as sadly some people are just completely unsympathetic and lack empathy. While awareness of Dyspraxia is better,there iare still miles to go in terms of recognition and understanding and explaining Dyspraxia and why we are like we are is damned difficult yet we all often too many of us feel we have to apologise for ourselves,which just isn't right!

It'shard to offer specific advise onhow to find good friends as we're all different despite our common ccndition.

A friend of mine has just created www.dyspraxialifemagazine.co.uk

If you have decent internet access Krystal Bella Shaw has a You Tube channel.

Will try to think of more but have been struck down with Man flu and a cough..
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Willr0490
Power poster

Re: Hi. New here.

Post by Willr0490 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.