Hello

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

james92
New member - welcome them!

Hello

Post by james92 »

Hello,

I’m James and was diagnosed with Dsypraxia at the age of 11. I felt like I had been given a label with no explanation of what Dyspraxia worse.

To make matters worse (as I believed at the time) I also came out as gay which as you can imagine gave people another reason to hate me. So as you can imagine secondary school and being a teenager was quite difficult.

Fast forward 15 years, I have been in a stable relationship for 7 years and am a complaints evaluation officer for an Ombudsman and whilst I heavily rely on my partner for day to day activities it is possible to succeed in life.

I would like to thank everyone for their posts as I felt I was the only one experiencing this and it is nice to know we are not alone.

:)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Re: Hello

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

Great stuff james92 - I am looking forward to your contributions -
james92
New member - welcome them!

Post by james92 »

Thank you Andrew
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi James

Welcome to our little outpost of the web. It's a difficult condition to describe especially when same condition has a tendency to cause brain fog and affects us in a wide variety of ways and to different degrees.

To be honest it was/is often myself who hates me most but like yourself, to an extent I've become more patient with myself and if people have cause to hate me it is more than likely to be their problem not mine. I do feel a fair few are often super demanding of and harsh to themselves as a sort of all be it flawed survival mechanism. Great to read of your achievements and we look forward to anything you want to contribute. Any questions you have, please feel free to ask.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)