CAN we please have a Thread ......

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

CAN we please have a Thread ......

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

For - questions about how to use this forum and related matters.

1. Does the software enable a "chat room" online meeting - several folk - signed in to a live post and being online responding one after another?

2. Does the Forum have a dropbox feature where folk can comment anonymously on a topic - that would also encourage folk to use their real identity when posting most things?

Thanks for considering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropbox_(service)

https://www.itproportal.com/2016/08/17/ ... ifference/
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: CAN we please have a Thread ......

Post by Tom fod »

Andrew_S_Hatton wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:23 am For - questions about how to use this forum and related matters.

1. Does the software enable a "chat room" online meeting - several folk - signed in to a live post and being online responding one after another?

2. Does the Forum have a dropbox feature where folk can comment anonymously on a topic - that would also encourage folk to use their real identity when posting most things?
Please can you clarify where you say "comment anonymously on a topic" followed in the same sentence with, "that would also encourage folk to use their real identity when posting most things"?

Most people set up a username removed from the name on their bank card as perhaps not everyone is comfortable with saying to all that they have dyspraxia. You could make the argument that the more people avow the condition the better but just because I have Dyspraxia does not mean I'm not unique. The spammers are annoying but I will reactively clean up and most people have the sense not to click on them.

I have toyed with idea of perhaps having a parallel Skype group but not sure there are any bolt on options for real-time group chat (You could PM Pooky and ask but I'm not sure it would be easy or cost neutral).

There are of course the FAQs http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... p/help/faq and if you think of other areas that you would me to try to cover please post a response here or PM and I'll try to have a look when I have chance.

I understood a dropbox to be somewhere online where you could drop large email/ file attachments do they don't clog up storage space on your device/email client app.

I got rid of the thread you asked about getting rid of.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

Thanks Tom, sorry I was not clear.

I maybe using the wrong term "dropbox"

I am talking about different issues.

As is obvious , I am no Internet expert.

I have in mind situations where folk want to contribute, but do not want to identify themselves, even with the sign in name they use in the forum, which may or may not be a pseudonym. It might extend the use folk can make of the forum .

I am also interested in perhaps if others are interested having an online "live' typed conversation, without such as Skype, which, I think is a voice and video, system.

It does not seem to me that the software here allows for such communications, but I want to check, and also test opinions.

Thanks for all your service here, I do realise that you make a considerable commitment.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Andrew

You're welcome. Must admit I do quite like the read it yourself in detail nature of the forum without Faceache features like liking and stickers and poking and what not. I believe you can do instant messaging groups in Skype I have an account but not sure if it is yet installed on my relatively new computer and not logged into it in a long while.

Whilst I don't think anyone here would abuse an anonymity feature It would present a potential extra level of concern for me as a moderator in the unlikely event I had to deal with any nastiness.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)