Hello

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Minmax
New member - welcome them!

Hello

Postby Minmax » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Greetings All,

It’s good to be here. Have never been formally diagnosed as Dyspraxia. In my 40s in the US not sure whether a diagnosis is going to be of any practical benefit so not going that route.

All my life have struggled with coordination and organization. I used to think I had ADHD and was really clumsy. One Day was googling my issues and came across dyspraxia. The symptoms it’s like they had written about me:. I find ways to do what I need to do because that’s life.
It took me 3 years to learn how to drive and I am still really bad at parking if I am in a hurry. I find that the more you drive the easier it is, muscle memory. Just remember to take my time.
I was horrible at sports, no hand eye coordination. The funny thing is I like to exercise so yay equipment. I just use the stationery bike or domething like that.

I love music and dance have a great sense of rythym but can’t follow steps. It takes me forever so I just do my thing and don’t worry about what other people think.

Housework and working skills bad but I just at home set the timer for 10 minutes and tidy up. My brain is better when it’s tidy at home. I do the same thing at work. Leave the phone and other distractions far away from me.

Main thing is I do what I need to, try to be happy and find something to look forward to in each day.

Return to “Introductions”