Hi I am a Noobie!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Oribelle
New member - welcome them!

Hi I am a Noobie!

Post by Oribelle »

I want to start off with saying I had many problem as a child and a lot of those problems persist even today. I have the clumsiness and poor coordination, had speech therapy in grade school, have Dyscalculia, Attention Deficit Disorder walked sort of late and also zone out. I don't drive as I was told by an instructor I should NEVER drive, have trouble fastening jewelry and small buttons. I cannot hold down a job as I either hyperfocus lose track of time and/or am unable to finish tasks on time and have been let go from many jobs. The hardest part for me is I often feel out of sync with the rest of the world. I also have not been diagnosed with Dyspraxia but do have the Add and Dyscalculia, I do have many of the symptoms of Dyspraxia and am wondering how to get a formal diagnosis here in the United States. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You! I hope to get to know and make friends with others here. :D :D :D
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi I am a Noobie!

Post by Tom fod »

Oribelle

Hi and welcome. We've had a bit of a flurry of new USA based members lately and hope you'll feel welcome and a bit less alone.

What part of the US are you from? I'm not able to drive as my sight as not too great so have to enjoy public transportation

I'm aware that there is a Dyspraxia Foundatio USA but that obtaining a formal diagnosis of Dyspraxia (or DCD) is more difficult. Even in Great Britain finnding the tight help is not easy and tbh this forum really helped me when I first stumbled accross it in 2011.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Desert Rose
Regular Poster

Re: Hi I am a Noobie!

Post by Desert Rose »

Oribelle wrote:I want to start off with saying I had many problem as a child and a lot of those problems persist even today. I have the clumsiness and poor coordination, had speech therapy in grade school, have Dyscalculia, Attention Deficit Disorder walked sort of late and also zone out. I don't drive as I was told by an instructor I should NEVER drive, have trouble fastening jewelry and small buttons. I cannot hold down a job as I either hyperfocus lose track of time and/or am unable to finish tasks on time and have been let go from many jobs. The hardest part for me is I often feel out of sync with the rest of the world. I also have not been diagnosed with Dyspraxia but do have the Add and Dyscalculia, I do have many of the symptoms of Dyspraxia and am wondering how to get a formal diagnosis here in the United States. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You! I hope to get to know and make friends with others here. :D :D :D
Greetings, I hope as with any new person we can learn more from each other! Enjoy your stay.