Yo

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Desert Rose
Regular Poster

Yo

Post by Desert Rose »

Good afternoon

After some deliberation I've decided it'd be a good idea to come and join this forum, I am in my early 20's and was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 3 years old, I've known about my learning disability for a long time although I could never figure out why I behaved and thought differently to other people. A couple of years ago I decided to read into dyspraxia in greater depth, it explained it all to me and alot of my life finally makes sense now. I've come here because I thought it would be a wise idea to share my experiences and look for help from people that are comparatively unlikely of accusing me of using my learning disability as a 'get out of jail free card' to others. I think I could learn alot here.

Regards

Alister
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Yo

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Alister and welcome

The difficulties presented by our condition sadly do seem to be 'used' by some people who twist things to make us feel as if we're making excuses. We're all too often harder on ourselves because of such people. We look forward to your further postings and hope you feel that you can share whatever you're comfortable with.

All the best
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)