Hi

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bilcar
Getting settled in

Hi

Post by bilcar »

Hi I was diagnosed in 2009 with dyspraxia. I believe it's mild/moderate effecting Spatial awareness, hand-eye co-ordination, manipulation, concentration, organisation, and short-term memory. I have had difficulties since I was at infant school, went through school and college getting some support but it was difficult as in the 80's and 90's no-one had really knew what Dyspraxia was and it meant I suffered bullying and had few friends (I still don't have many) I found out about Dyspraxia in 1998 through a tv documentary , after this I attended a Dyspraxia Foundation meeting. In 1999 I was unofficially diagnosed by an Occupational Therapist. In 2009 I was finally officially diagnosed by an Occupational Psycologist. I am unemployed at present but previously worked as a Data Input Clerk. I am married with one child and am a qualified Reflexologist. Not much spare time at the moment, but do like to go out for meals, to the theatre and to the cinema when I get the chance.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Bilcar and welcome to the forum. Interested to know how you arrived here?

I've done (and do) a fair amount to data input. I find I'm ok as long as it's not of the mind numbing variety. Dyspraxia does seem to be a glass ceiling even If I'm mixing my metaphors a bit here.

I'm curious to know whether there much call for Reflexology? Can appreciate such a business venture is not without risk in these uncertain times.

Nice to have you and I do hope you find the site beneficial
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
bilcar
Getting settled in

Re: Hi

Post by bilcar »

Hi Tom fod

I actually came across the forum just by searching the NET for Dyspraxia forums. I was Data Input Clerk for my local Health Authorities Child Health Department from 1999 to 2014 inputting development checks. It was interesting as no child is exactly the same so no results are the same but also boring as I had to type the same thing over and over so did find my mind wondering. I did have a steady stream of regular Reflexology clients, though since I had my little boy I have not practiced. Saying that I do keep my hand in practicing on my little boy now he is teething and recently did an online course to update my skills. I hope to acquire some more clients again maybe when the economic climate improves.