Hey!!!!!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Duplin
New member - welcome them!

Hey!!!!!

Post by Duplin »

I just discovered this group. I'm 20 years old. I realized I have functional disorders since I was young. Like lack of balance in walking, inability to involve in rhythmic activities, inability to drive, cook properly and not being able to anticipate time needed for something. But never cared. I always thought it was my fault that I cannot do things properly, that I am not smart enough or intelligent enough. It was only yesterday I found out that there is scientific name to what I am. Everything I read about dispraxia matched the struggles I faced. I hope that you can suggest me some ways to overcome this. I mean, I've always wanted to be that energetic, lively and sporty person but could never succeed since I really can't do those. It's really depressing to love like this.
Not Human At All
New member - welcome them!

Re: Hey!!!!!

Post by Not Human At All »

Hi, I'm Beth and I also just joined today. I'm 19 and I've been diagnosed over a year but, like you, I suspected there was nothing not quite right years before. Growing up, I also thought the problems I was having were due to be being slow/stupid. I understand how depressing it can be to live with these problems, and I hope you find the answers you want here. :)