Hello

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Scotty1991
New member - welcome them!

Hello

Post by Scotty1991 »

Hello everybody I am Scotty I'm 25

I have just joined this website, I am considering getting an assessment done to see if I have dyspraxia, I find work and daily tasks very difficult I do things very slowly, if someone tells me something I often forget shortly after, I'm quite clumsy I sometimes bang my head on things, I can't keep eye contact very good and I get told I'm stupid and not normal at work but I just ignore them. What do you think everybody?

Thank you for listening.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Scotty and welcome to our little online community

It may be that you just work with a bunch of (insert appropriate expletive)! Their attitude hardly sounds conducive to a happy relaxed and productive team. I hope you have some nicer people there too. What is it you do and do you work for a large or small company/organisation?

Since your three posts are exactly the same, the other two have been removed (no need to apologise please :D )
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Scotty1991
New member - welcome them!

Post by Scotty1991 »

Hello there,

I work at my local hospital as a cleaning assistant, most are fine they are just some who criticise everything I do and say mean comments that I am slow and not good at anything, I have just recently come back to work as I had a seizure a couple of months back I'm all okay now though. But my dad said to me a couple of months ago that I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was young, but my mum wasn't so sure, so I'm not sure myself but it would be nice to know so I can move forward

Thank you again
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Scotty

You're welcome

It would be worth asking your GP if there is any mention in your medical notes. Getting an assessment as an adult on the NHS, when not in education does seem to be a challenge and not all can afford to or are willing to pay for a private assessment . If you're employed directly by or have access to NHS staff services (Working Well?) that might possibly be a route in?

Has anyone else got any thoughts?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
katherine100
Getting settled in

Post by katherine100 »

Hi Scotty,

I don't know much about getting a diagnosis. I haven't got one myself as much as I would like one. I have a baby girl and I just have other financial priorities.

But I just wanted to say I'm sorry you have to put up with such horrible treatment at work, even if it is just a few people. I've been there in a few jobs myself and there's nothing worse than being put down like that all the time. I found my work really went downhill when people were treating me badly too. I got slower and slower! I managed to move on and find a better job surrounded by nicer people but I know that's easier said than done. In the meantime try not to take it to heart, some people's behaviour just isn't worth taking very seriously. I'm sure you have plenty of great things about you and I bet you're a kinder person than they are!

Katherine