Hello, glad to be here)

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Colin
New member - welcome them!

Hello, glad to be here)

Post by Colin »

Hello I'm newbie and I think I might have dyspraxia. I have made a list of all my symptoms do please let me no if you think they match up to other peoples. The list is quite long but here it is:
Hold my pen weird
Get fustrated and angry easily especially when I lose something or find something hard
Sensitive skin and scalp
Writing is painful
Hate dull lighting
Weak ankle and knee ligaments
Late sitting and walking
Hate loud noises or small annoying ones e.g whistling
Jumpy
Immature
Difficultly knowing left and right hands, alphabet etc
Make lots of mistakes when typing
Walk into stuff a lot
Not very good at throwing and catching

Thanks that came here to read these things
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello, glad to be here)

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Colin and a very warm welcome to our forum, I'm glad you have found us. I think you do have some quite strong indicators and it would be worth considering trying to obtain a formal assessment

Hold my pen weird - Many of us do . . but if your way works/is most comfortable for you, don't be afraid to accept it

Get fustrated and angry easily especially when I lose something or find something hard. - Me too, very much so

Sensitive skin and scalp - Me too I have a bit of eczema and being too hot/stressed will often make it worse

Writing is painful - Not uncommon

Hate dull lighting - I too prefer well lit too as I'm visually impaired too, but sometimes it can be too bright.

Weak ankle and knee ligaments - My ankle joints tend to roll

Late sitting and walking. - Suspect I was too but not sure when these milestones were reached or what 'normal range' is supposed to be

Hate loud noises or small annoying ones e.g whistling. - Maintaining concentration is sometimes/often harder so no real surprise

Jumpy - Me too don't like being touched on shoulder from behind and can be startled if I'm engaged in a task and someone tries to attract my attention

Immature - How do you define immature? :D :evilb:

Difficultly knowing left and right hands, alphabet etc - Me too. with left/right I have to hold up my hand and think is this left or right?

Make lots of mistakes when typing, - I'm sure even a perfectionist like myself can slip However, you'll be pleased to know it's not critical here on our site 8-)

Walk into stuff a lot. - Me too, I often try and cut corners too tightly and scrape/collide with walls/furniture. I can trip over thin air

Not very good at throwing and catching - Me too. This would be impossible to maintain :ball:
Last edited by Tom fod on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)