Hiya.. help please...?

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

will
New member - welcome them!

Hiya.. help please...?

Post by will »

My name is Will.

Im 30 years old.

I've just been kicked out of rehab after 8.5 months. My emotions are very intense at times, i can feel them building up and if i cant work through whats going on and cry (the only thing that releases the pressure) i feel really unpredictable and end up in uncontrollable rage where i'll break stuff upset those closest to me and then run off somewhere. The last time this happened it took ten days for me to find any peace.

i had a diagnosis of dyspraxia at 15 as i was really struggling at school and never gave it any thought until recently. All it meant to me was i got extra time in my exams. i got an electrical apprenticeship, struggled with the college stuff but enjoyed the practical and problem solving side. i got moaned at for being slow but always did a good job.

in my treatment center the manager was a lovely woman whos daughter is dyspraxic, she told me of her struggles and suggested i look into it as it will help me, knowledge being power etc...

i had a massive head injury at 18 on a skateboard ](*,)

more general stuff..

i love getting out on walks in the country
i started to play the guitar about 6 months ago
i practise yoga
i like to go out for coffee
i still skateboard sometimes
i dont drink or take drugs
occasionally i will read a book
Me on a good day ~ yeah, life is hard. some have to work harder than others! no pain no gain! etc...
Me on a bad day ~ ......meh..... :shake:
Ditsy

Re: Hiya.. help please...?

Post by Ditsy »

Hi Will,

Welcome it sounds like you have been through a lot. It is wonderful that you meet someone who has given very good advise about looking into your dyspraxia, it effects us all in different ways and we all have our own strengths too. if you go through the topics on the forum I am sure you will find a lot of info that will be useful.

Best
Ditsy