Hello there!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BrightLights789
New member - welcome them!

Hello there!

Post by BrightLights789 »

Hi everyone :D

I never know what to write in these sort of things! I guess I should start off with my journey with Dyspraxia. Growing up I always felt a little bit 'different' - could never really explain why, just always did, from nursery through until university. During my Masters degree I was diagnosed with Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia and Irlen's Syndrome (because I never do anything by halves...) This was two years ago, and I still don't think I've come to terms with it. I'm very good at displaying a cheery demeanour to family whenever its mentioned, but really I have to admit it annoys me that it took so long to diagnose. Hopefully rates of diagnosis will improve for future generations!

My interests include Gaming (lifelong passion), theatre, music and football. I am also currently learning to drive which is proving to be a bit of a pain ](*,)

Anyways, enough about me - I look forward to chatting to you good folks in the future.

Cheerio! :)
Don't worry if Plan A fails... There are 25 more letters in the alphabet :banana:
uniquecharlie
Getting settled in

Re: Hello there!

Post by uniquecharlie »

Hi welcome , I'm the same I always felt different and was diagnosed when I was 11 so quite young, I'm 23 now and jst kinda used to it. I love gaming aswell, spend most of my time on my Xbox haha.
Anyways welcome to the forum :)
Charlie
no i may not be physically alone, but mentally there is noone in sight
BrightLights789
New member - welcome them!

Post by BrightLights789 »

Hey uniquecharlie :)

Yeah, I'm better now than when I was first diagnosed. I'll be honest, it really dented my confidence! But, at least I know WHY I'm different :) the world would be a boring place if we were all the same! I just hope schools and employers wake up to what dyspraxia is and how to deal with it.

Haha, I'm a Playstation person myself - I am tempted to buy an XBOX One though, very good exclusives coming up!
Don't worry if Plan A fails... There are 25 more letters in the alphabet :banana:
uniquecharlie
Getting settled in

Post by uniquecharlie »

Exactly we are unique and awesome. I like to be different , I'm so different I have multi coloured hair jst because I can and like it haha .
I wanted a PlayStation aswell but my friend has an Xbox one so I got that and I already had a Xbox 360 so I jst love Xbox haha
no i may not be physically alone, but mentally there is noone in sight