hi guy's newbie

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

donna76dn
New member - welcome them!

hi guy's newbie

Post by donna76dn »

Hi guy's,
What a fab forum, wish I'd found it years ago! Though I've never had a formal diagnosis I discovered dyspraxia about 11 yrs ago when my eldest son was diagnosed. He has high functioning asd and dyspraxia. Reading about dyspraxia was a cathartic experience in its self suddenly all my quirks made sense! A whole childhood of feeling different, of misunderstanding and being misunderstood never fitting in struggling with the simplest tasks and conversely grasping the most obscure ideas. Anyhoo that was 11 yrs ago since then I've carried on to have a pretty successful career in social care and am currently completing my final assignments on my social work degree. Although most of the time life is ok I'm a pretty resilient and have a positive attitude. .. most of the time! but still issues with my dyspraxia rear up and bite me. So I've decided to acknowledge, and embrace this aspect of me and hopefully grow in confidence and understanding. .. and thought maybe finding some fellow dyspraxic freinds would be the a great place to start! So here I am! :D
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: hi guy's newbie

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Donna
Thanks n welcome.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)