Hi :)

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ceres108
New member - welcome them!

Hi :)

Post by ceres108 »

Hi,

I'm 26 and am waiting for a report from the adult assessment I did last week, but it looks like I probably have dispraxia. I was diagnosed with dyslexia when I was 8, and only did an assessment now because my uni wanted me to do one to see where I could get extra help. This diagnosis was a bit of a surprise but now I've looked into what dispraxia is, it makes lots of sense.

As a child I came home every day with new cuts from falling over, I was much older than my friends when I learnt to ride a bike (and even now I'm not that confident on one), I only learnt to tie my shoes properly at 21, I struggle doing sums in my head but give me a pen and paper and I'm fine, and the list goes on.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome of this assessment because knowing something new about how I process things means I can find new ways to study that actually suit me. Now I just want to learn everything I can about dispraxia and the ways to deal with it.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi :)

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Ceres and welcome to our online community.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Moot
Power poster

Post by Moot »

Welcome to the forum, Ceres! :)
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
SteamAngel26
New member - welcome them!

Post by SteamAngel26 »

Hi Ceres, welcome to the forum.

Just like you, I am also 26 (27 next month) and find maths difficult and struggled with riding a bike due to the position of the manual gears.

If theres any advice I can offer, feel free to ask.

Do you like steam locomotives?

friendship all round from Carl Wood. :D
Nyx
Getting settled in

Post by Nyx »

Hello and welcome.