Hi there from London!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hayleybean
New member - welcome them!

Hi there from London!

Post by hayleybean »

Hiiii everybody! I'm Hayley :) :) I'm a 22 year old MA student with... surprise surprise... dyspraxia. I'm lucky in that my parents caught it early, in about second grade, though it was called sensory integration disorder back then, for whatever reason. I had occupational therapy for it, and in some ways would say that I've become...hyperpraxic? But only in some areas, in others I still really struggle (organisation, directions) even as an adult. I'm really keen to talk to some other dyspraxic adults, because there are a few things caused by my dyspraxia that are really annoying and I'd like to find solutions to (e.g. tics? stims? I'm not sure). Hopefully a few of you have experienced the same things. I'll have a look at the forum now! :grin:
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi there from London!

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Hayley
Welcome to the forums (or fora). I'm not sure how exactly sensory Integration and dyspraxia interrelate but even as dyspraxics we're unique in how we're affected and the different personal coping strategies we develop to help us in our day to day lives.

I'm sure there are people here who can relate to your personal experiences and offer some ideas and insight.

All the Best
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)