Hi :)

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bely
Getting settled in

Hi :)

Post by bely »

Hi,
I'm a 33 years old Italian girl :D - have been living in the UK for 2 years. I've never received a diagnosis of dyspraxia but I experience most of the symptoms. When I was 2 years old I still couldn't stand and walk, and only after a while a brain cystis compressing the balance center of the cerebellum was found and surgically treated. Advanced surgery in the 80s, doctors said I was clinically healed. But I have always known there was something wrong!
I have a very poor coordination: despite several attempts I could never swim, I learned how to ride a bike only at the age of 15, always bad results in any other sport. i started running because it's an easy movement, but fall down very often and after one year I'm still very slow - I have some cardiovascular resistance but feel that my legs cannot go faster! i drive on both sides in the UK and Italy switching right and left, but after two years it still requires a lot of effort, stress and concentration - i have to take a break every hour or so.
I don't remember faces and have no sense of direction at all, getting lost everywhere and taking years to find my way in a new place.
Lastly, I completely lack any manual dexterity and need repeated instructions on how to do anything.
It's kind of relieving to get to know that what I am might have a different explanation with respect to what everybody around me keeps saying, "you're a disaster", even if without a diagnosis I'm the only one to consider this possibility. :D
Moot
Power poster

Re: Hi :)

Post by Moot »

Welcome to the forum, Bely! Hope you find this forum helpful. :)
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D