Howdo!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lancashirelad1982
New member - welcome them!

Howdo!

Post by Lancashirelad1982 »

Howdo all!

Nice to meet you all :)

I'm Martin, and i'm 32, from Chorley, Lancashire in the North West.

I live with my Fiancee, and we have a little Patterjack called Gizmo.

I've had Dyspraxia since I was born, and I also suffer from OCD & Social Anxiety & Awkwardness.

My Dyspraxia affects my immaturity, co-ordination, and I can't take too much information in. I also struggle with day to day tasks like preparing meals etc. I work at a Health Food Store, and have been there 7 years.
I tend not to think about my Dyspraxia, but it does affect me. I often talk too much and too loud at work, and feel down & maybe overthink things afterwards if I feel like others have been judging me.

I'm not great in one to one conversations, I struggle to keep the conversation going, and when everyone is having a good laugh at work, it gets me down, as I can't illicit that reaction. I'm not after being liked, but I just feel that all I do is talk crap & that they put up with me. Some like me, as I'm polite, down to earth and friendly, but I just feel down sometimes.

I often don't know my boundaries, like for example, if I've been talking too loud, and then someone tells me. I talk a lot, but sometimes, it's just complete b*llocks. I've been trying to curb this recently and not always fill silences.

I do like to spend nights in, and as I don't have many friends, when my Fiancee goes to work away, I look on Facebook, see everyone having a laugh, and it gets me down.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, feel free :)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Howdo!

Post by Tom fod »

Martin

Hello and welcome to our community.

If they're all on FB are they actually having a great time? they may just be sat FBing or tweeting to try to sound like they're having the greatest time.

A lot of people talk rot (especially on social media) and the majority I would say cannot claim it's anything to do with dyspraxia.

Overthinking, Info overload and being very hard on oneself affect a lot of us
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Moot
Power poster

Re: Howdo!

Post by Moot »

Hiya, Martin - hope you like it here. :)

Facebook brings me down a lot, seeing all these people going on about how they're doing this and how great that is, etc. Really brings up the envy. Best thing is... avoid it when you can!!
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D