Hullo

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

puzzledbyadream
New member - welcome them!

Hullo

Post by puzzledbyadream »

Hello, my name is Nyika and I live in Bath. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia at the end of my second year of university when I was 20 but I think I will always be a bit annoyed it was never picked up on when I was a child. Getting diagnosed certainly changed my life academically; having support in the last year of my degree meant my exam papers were actually read and that I had help with revising. I also have issues with anxiety due to the effect having dyspraxia has had on my social skills. My latest challenge is learning to drive.

I like to make things (mostly sewing and crochet), write (I write for a music website and once had an article on the Guardian website), read, cycle and I go to a ballet class (it is apparently possible for dyspraxics to do adult beginner ballet as long as you have reasonable expectations of your abilities!).

So, well, hello! I look forward to getting to know you all.
All we have to do is get through the day.

I have a blog: http://www.outsiderlookingout.wordpress.com
Moot
Power poster

Re: Hullo

Post by Moot »

Welcome to the forum, Nyika! :) It's not really busy here, but I hope you like it.

I can agree that it would have been nice if dyspraxia had been picked up when we were younger than uni age!
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
screengreen
Power poster

Re: Hullo

Post by screengreen »

Sadly there is little awareness of dyspraxia still! And its worse for girls as due to the way we act at school we Srebrenica not a problem for the teacher's so we don`t have a problem even if we do spend enoire lessons staring out the window!