Hello everyone.

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lea-w
New member - welcome them!

Hello everyone.

Post by Lea-w »

Hi I'm Linda and I'm a 31 year old married mother of two.

I was diagnosed with dysbraxia and dyslexia as a child along with both my brothers. (one of whom was also diagnosed as 'possible' borderline ASD - I suspect that he would reclassified as Aspergers now if he was retested.) We suspect my mother may also be dysbraxic/dyslexic but she's undiagnosed. My sister and father does not have either.

My eldest daughter (nearly 12 now) was diagnosed with dysbraxia aged 5 and is currently being assessed for ASD. A positive diagnosis is almost guaranteed at this point. She also has numerous other disabilities and I am currently caring it her full time. My youngest (9) is a little 'tigger' and does her best to get her share of the attention! (Admittedly it's not easy balancing the needs of two very different children.)

I love reading and write short stories and poems for fun. I used to ring handbells and help run a youth team but had to give it up due to the constraints of caring for my eldest. I still help out with a couple of kids church groups during school hours, I'm supposedly pretty good at coming up with wacky games and craft activities, I certainly enjoy doing so.

My biggest issues are my time keeping and organisational skills as well as my short term memory. I struggle with housework a lot too. I'm actually having problems with my daughters early intervention worker because my disorganised lifestyle is not conductive to keeping my aggressive eldest calm and I have to 'get organised and sort it' - Easier said than done! I've asked for help to achieve that but it's not been forthcoming so I'm hoping I can pick up some ideas from everyone here. I'm not sure this worker really believes me about dysbraxia, and it's effects me though.

Best wishes,

Linda.
screengreen
Power poster

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by screengreen »

Hi there Linda,
Welcome to the forum, I live in organised chaos but I do try and give my self small goals and live by my to do list though it is a love hate relationship.
Moot
Power poster

Post by Moot »

Welcome to the forum, Linda! :)
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

Welcome hope you find it useful and supportive people on here have been really kind and generous with there advice and ideas and just the I do that too comments =D>
screengreen
Power poster

heathy555
Getting settled in

Post by heathy555 »

hi linda and welcome to the forum