An answer to a lot of things? Hi, I'm new here :)

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Biscuitfeatures
New member - welcome them!

An answer to a lot of things? Hi, I'm new here :)

Post by Biscuitfeatures »

Hullo :) I'm Bek, 22 from Melbourne, Aus.

I learned about dyspraxia a few days ago when a friend suggested it as a possible reason for my inability to tell left from right (just the spoken words mind, I operate best with pointing!). That's just one of quite a few things that I just thought made me a bit... special. But I looked up dyspraxia, and was amazed at the list! When I showed my husband, he said it would be quicker and easier to cross of the things that *don't* apply.

To give you a bit of background, I'm that girl who's always at the GP with a new, weird complaint. I have been diagnosed with Raynaud's syndrome; struggled with fatigue (that wasn't CF); had back problems since 15, including now 3 slipped discs; have a weak ankle and an odd problem in the balls of my feet; struggle to get y words out coherently/remember words on a daily basis; am easily distracted and overwhelmed by multi-part tasks or having a list of things to do (a physical list is essential for me to remember from one minute to the next what I was doing); have had a problem where my wrists become tired and very sore particularly from tasks such as handwriting, a real problem in high school that the GP could find no answer for.... That's the main stuff, that I can remember at the moment.

I'm booked in to see my GP about it later this week (at the risk of sounding like an even bigger weirdo... I'm still trying to sort out a possible rare sucrase deficiency and even rarer gallbladder problem... Oh gosh, it does sound over the top) but would love to learn more. Is Raynaud's common with dyspraxia? I noticed some other people on the forum had it. Has anyone else had the wrist pain?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: An answer to a lot of things? Hi, I'm new here :)

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Bek

Welcome to the forums (or fora). Hope your GP was sympathetic re your questions about dyspraxia.

I struggle with telling left and right and have to think about it harder look at my hands to work out which is which.

All the best
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
legolass
New member - welcome them!

Post by legolass »

I was glad to read this as it is so like me. I have always got hand and wrist ache from doing even small amounts of writing.
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I don't think reynolds is common / related to dyspraxicia its a separate thing but its just unfortunate for you really. Hopefully the GP is understanding and has a better understanding of whats going on and take you serosley and not think your being over the top and wasting there time.
The real Mr Potato Head
Welshcakes11
Getting settled in

Post by Welshcakes11 »

Hi, Im new on here and have just posted my first post, I too have always suffered with hand problems while writing, it happened more so in school as we were always writing, my right hand would go all funny and I wasn't able to grip the pen for a while, after a minute or two with me shaking my hand it eventually went back to normal, I never went to the doctors about it as I thought it was to do with growing pains, lol I now suffer with aching wrists and aching muscle in my arms and neck probable to do with my job, I work in a factory wrapping packs with all sizes of paper. Since I was a child my lower back use to hurt only whenever I went to bed, again growing pains, but now I feel it's gone worse as my hips hurt too, old age probable would love to know though if this part of having Dysbraxia, it would explain a lot if it was.