Hello

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Memorium
New member - welcome them!

Hello

Post by Memorium »

I live in the UK and was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was 14 by The Dyscovery Centre in Cardiff so went through most of school with the same things being said by teachers, such as poor writing, last one to get changed during PE and so on. The effort was there just not the achievement. I find jobs don't really cater for or understand Dyspraxia and I also have mild Dyslexia. Currently learning to drive, started in January this year and have my theory test in May so going well.

I joined the forum to read how others have dealt with Dyspraxia in their lives. Interested in learning people's views and opinions on the subject.

Thanks
Memorium :bumps:
Alex
Power poster

Re: Hello

Post by Alex »

Hey my name is Alex I am 22 just wondered what u find hard and are you learning to drive a manual or automatic car?
Memorium
New member - welcome them!

Post by Memorium »

Hi Alex, I'm learning with a manual car. 27 and never had a desire to drive until now, guess most of that was because I didn't want to. I have a few issues with clutch control but nothing major and much improvement from when I first started. How about yourself? Are you learning?
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

I passed my text almost a year ago in an autocratic a lot of freedom
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

Welcome to the forum Memorium,

hope you feel right at home here,

what I would suggest if you are still having clutch control problems, is maybe May isn't such a good idea with the theory, but that is depending also on how the rest of the driving is going.

I was one of the super lucky ones on the forum, and passed first time, but that was because I was out every oppertunity with my parents. and doing at least an hour a day with them, ok so petrol prices were a lot cheaper back in 94!!

but think hard because once you take the theory test you only have 2 years to pass with the practical before the theory runs out. so don't take the theory before you are totally able to drive properly, and up to a standard you are comfortable with, then take the theory a month before the driving test at most, that way you can keep an eye on your finances as well.