Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fishy
New member - welcome them!

Hello everyone!

Post by Fishy »

Hello! My name is Kate although most of my friends call me by my nickname, Fishy. I am 18 years old and am currently studying Countryside Management at university.

I only found out I had dyspraxia when I sat a dyslexia assessment through my uni a few weeks ago. I have to admit I didn't even know anything about dyspraxia till I got the results back from the test and then everything sort of clicked.

I have always been very clumsy and find certain things really hard for instance telling the time. But learning wise although i sometimes found things difficult i never really struggled. That was until i started studying for my as levels when my grades plummeted. I think looking back it was because there was so much work and it was so different from the stuff i had studied before. I couldn't organise my thoughts or my studying. I couldn't understand the exam papers or what they wanted from me. But i managed to scrape through and i just thought i was stupid. I went to a grammar school so was hard to keep up with everyone else.

But then i got to uni and the more i thought about things the more i thought something was amiss. So i went to learning services and they helped me with assessments and stuff. I am still in the process of getting help from the uni but i really want to get to know other people with dyspraxia. I find it hard trying to talk to my friends and boyfriend about my problems.

But I am still trying to figure everything out really.

I can't wait to get to know people.