in Brazil and think might be that dreaded D-word

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

katrina
New member - welcome them!

in Brazil and think might be that dreaded D-word

Post by katrina »

Hi everybody!

what a coincidence! While I was deliberating over my username (settled for my real-life nickname, after the hurricane) an introduction from the Netherlands appeared at the top of the list. Looks like you could give today an international theme for the forum. I live in Brazil, and here too, dyspraxia awareness seems to be pretty thin on the ground - especially adult dyspraxia. Then again, I've only just started looking into it.

What prompted me to join the forum was that I was reduced to tears yesterday trying to learn to play beach foot-volley, and decided to do a bit of web research into something that I have long suspected but chosen to ignore.

I think it's great to have a forum like this where you can hold onto your anonymity if you're not ready to go public, which I'm not - yet.

As I'm currently working from home as a translator, I'll be logged on to the forum and taking frequent brakes to browse the forums for inspiration and practical ideas for... well, I don't really want to say coping strategies as I hope to do more than just cope.

I look forward to getting to know you all and taking part in some discussions.